Hey guys! Thanks for all the messages the past day or so. I have a funny story for you guys though. Im not going into details about this past weekend because of the tourney this weekend.

Thursday night - get home from bass fishing and my dad tells me we cant leave for practice untill around 10am on Friday. So, I flip out and basically cancel the tourney for us. I didnt want to show up with no practice and get slammed by the guys practicing for 1-2 days.

Friday morning - wake up with the intention of going to work and I get a call froma buddy. The words "wanna go to lake erie" come out of my mouth. So away we go to lake erie. Pull out of Sturgeon point harbor and run about 6 miles when the alarm in my outboard starts screaming. IM OUT OF OIL! SOB! So back to the harbor on the trolling motor. Get there around 12ish and get oil at $35 a gallon. Go back out and the lake kicked up. So, we head to Wilson to do some LM fishing. Get there and it rains on me. I get a call from Billy V and he tells me im stupid not to fish this tourney. So aftyer him and my brother hounded me for hours I finally said FINE and went to registration.

So its Saturday morning around 8:30-9:00am. Just put the 10th Salmon in the box (this is after we started fishing somewhere close to 7:45) and I get the rods re-set. Im eating a sandwich and i look to the swim platform and there is a salmon bouncing on it. Its the fish we just boxed! All said and done it swims away! I call Mike Waterhouse to find out we can only bring in 11 fish now. So after day one we are in 2nd by 3 points. ;(

Sunday morning - Get out to the fishing grounds and the fish arent there as thick but there is still some salmon there. I opted not to go for the steel and cohos and fish just salmon. 4 wires, 3 riggers, 1 600' copper. We start wackin them but the size was down. All the big boys seem to spit the hook on us this day. at 11:30 we were at 9 fish and I made the decision to finish our limit with steel and coho. Put 4 rods on boards for them and within minutes we were hooked up with a nice 8ln steel. Get him in the boat and a DR fires. Get himin the boat and the dipsey fires. LIMIT COMPLETE!!

Bro,

WAY TO GO!!! Can't believe you almost didn't go fish the event. Like I told you on Friday afternoon, you gotta be in it to win it! Glad my kick in the butt helped you decide to go.

You can mail my "Commission" check to me at your convenience. :lol::lol:

Yeah I talked to Pete and he told me. We had a case of the droppsies too. I lost a good one on the wire and we had a 15lb'r tangle in the wire. Then a few more that were on for a minute then gone all of a sudden. We figured it might be that they were hitting fromthe side and not from behind.

Great Story!!!! I don't think you could have made that up if you tried. Congrats on the great fishing. Have you been to Lake Erie besides last weekend? I have not been in a couple of years. I uusally fish Dunkirk area. I may make a trip out this year to Sturgeon Point. But once I start salmon fishing, it makes it hard to go for bass.

GTN

Gentlemen,

I wanted to congratulate Yankee Troller for their win from all of us with Team Thrillseeker...nice work guys!!

Boat troubles caused us to be late on day 1 by 6 minutes, costing us 60 points (ouch) - I won't go into details (cause they are UGLY) :$ ....we made up for it on day 2 with a 243 point catch.

We fished mostly outside of Yankee Troller and a bit east both days.

8 fish on day one for 157+ points (minus the 60) = 97+ points

12 fish on day 2.

As we neared our limit on day 2, we focused on larger salmon rigs, and took out some lines that were producing 2 yr olds primarily since we needed a big box to compete. Good call on Capt. Vince's part as fish #10 and 11 were 18 and 19lb kings. At this point it was approaching 12:30 with a 1hr and 10 minute run back to the Oak. We put our hot smaller fish rigs back in and had our limit with a 7lb. king @ 12:37PM!!

For those of you thinking of fishing a tourny, give it a shot!! There is nothing like it, and the comraderie is great....

See you guys @ Sodus (I don't think I'll be @ Oswego)...

Dex

Team Thrillseeker