Seneca 6-7-2010

Buddy from Pa. showed up about 10 am and we hit the water around 11 am fished till 2:30 pm boated 2 lakers 23.5 (3#12oz) and 25.5 (5#). 40' down back 40' evil-eye spoon red/slver/green and other was down 71' back 15' dodger peanut.

Copyof2010fishing035.jpg

I'm jealous...have been working on "not-so-happy" animals in the office all day today. Is it just my eyes or do the lake trout have deeper color in the Spring vs. Summer/early Fall? The ones we took out of Cayuga last week had a richer color it seemed.

Thanks for brightening the end my day with a photo. :)

Greg

These fish were NOT finn clipped nice dark color with orange tipped eadges on there fins. The meat is like a salmon color. Alec that usta be on this board said the fish this color were eating mistic srimp. I have taken fin clipped fish that color also to me these taste the best !!!!!

Seneca 6-8-2010

Pete , Stan , Kinger and I went out from 7-to 11am boated 5 and lost three. Lost a GOOD landlock and kept one at 19.25†put back 4 small rainbow. Ran all spoons on my shallow water program. That is the most sub-legal rainbow I ever got into. Wonder if the rains have pushed the bows out of the creek early or before there normal time ????

Copyof2010fishing038.jpg

Thanks guys...I can't wait to check this rig out.

Rabbit,

That pic of the kid holding up that fish cracks me up! He must have had a blast! I can hear him at school; "I caught a fish half the size of me!"......"sure ya did"

lakebound88 , when I was checking the creek by my camp a few years ago when the water was way low. I saw 3 year classes in the creek , 1.5 to 2" , 4" to 5" and 8" to 10" . The one's I picked up today 3 were about 6" and the other one about 10" to 12" now I could see that guy being in the lake but those little guys I thought should still be in the creeks. West side above showboat a mile or so............I may still have those picture of the low water that year. How long does it take them to smolt ??? Then they run to the lake ???

• 3 weeks later...