WTD topwater leader?

(walk the dog topwaters) i have got a viper, water moccasion, and bs one eyed willy new for this year (in addition to my weagle and jackpots) and was thinking about the absolute best leader to put on them. i am thinking about a solid leader w/ a small snap to the lure and no swivel on the line tie end to keep it from sinking. from there i was thinking about adding a small styrofoam float like those used on walleye worm harness' on the line tie side directly in front of the connection on my braided mainline. my excesive overthinking is this would keep the metal leader from sinking maybe improving the action? any thoughts on this guys? is it even worth it? i love topwater fishing and plan on do alot more this year since last year i had only one hit at waneta on top and i missed it (very nice fish) but only casted for a very short time last year as i got caught up in the trolling darkside? just so excited about musky fishing and want everything to work the best it can-

Zach,Use a 14" Fluorocarbon leader 80 lb test with a size #5 Stringease Stay-Lok Snap.You could tie directly to your main line or get a Aussie 250 lb Swivel(very small in diameter and light weight).

Any floating device you add to the leader will work again'st the action as it hits the water when your working the Topwater.Always on Topwaters you have to feel the weight of the fish before you set the hook.You also need to set the rod off to the side to drive the hook point home,if you set straight up your pulling the Topwater toward you away from the fish.

Capt. Larry

Topwaters need to be free to move in their action,add something that floats on the line it will drag on the water and impeade the lure action.Maybe would not hurt a straight running Topraider or TopProp,but side to side moving and walk the dog moving topwaters could be restricted in their movement.

Capt. Larry

so like most things i was over thinking it. seems to be a reoccurring problem when u get obsessed like i have been for some time. thanks for thinking about it alittle differant. i dont think there would be a need on a propbait since it usually has a taught line pulling it pretty steady.