Cayuga - Deans Cove Tuesday June 9th

Made a solo run from 5:30 - 8:30 pm landed a 4 lb laker, 2 small Salmon, and a 15" Rainbow. Salmon and Rainbow were about 15 feet down on sliders. Small spoons seem to be the trick. Hot lure was a small Needlefish (Nickel/Red Head) silver spoon with red on front 1/3rd. That lure has been catching a lot of small Salmon lately. Caught the Laker on a green spin doctor with a Big weenie Pole Dancer 1 fly over 115 feet of water 85 down. I was pretty happy catching that small Rainbow. It is my second this year and more than I caught all of last year. Maybe they are making a comeback!

Can't wait for those Salmon to grow up. I have caught a lot the last few times out.

Marked tons of baitfish about 15 - 25 feet down in about 35-40 feet of water. Also marked schools of bait down about 25 -35 feet in 140 feet of water.

a slider or a cheater is a 6' or so piece of mono with snap swivels and you clip a spoon on one end, and clip the other end onto your mainline of the reel after you set line in release, lower to desired depth, then clip on slider which will "slide" down to about half the distance to the ball. So if your ball is at 30' your slider would settle in around 15' or so.

I went out today in the Dean's area and just killed em. Had to get over 280 feet plus to keep the rods firing steady. I won't be out this weekend but if I was going I'd mess around south of Deans llike from P Beach to Sheldrake in that deep water run west of center lake. Today they came steady on the wire(green dot spinnies with a number of different fly's) out 300 to 330. Rigs down 70-80 with flasher fly. Thursday night I had a new guy aboard and was going to show him how the cheater works, well I give it a toss in the water and 5 seconds later while still in the prop wash down 2 feet and back no more than 15, out of the water comes a dink LL with the cheater in his lip. No BS it was the craziest thing. Of course I told the new guy as this in happening "just like that, works everytime."