Deep Cycle Marine Battery?

fdny76

Both the batteries in my Trophy are due for replacement this year and I noticed Wal Mart has an 850amp Deep Cycle Marine Battery cheap!! (Everstart Maxx) Has anyone tried these and if so are they any good? I'm not trying to be cheap, just smart shopping.

I have used Interstate marine deep cycle batteries for years. I just replaced one last season and it was on it's 8th season. They are heavy batteries but they are dependable.

I wouldn't say they're bad, but not the best in the world. I have had good luck with the Auto Zone batteries. I add battery equilizer to each of the cells. The one in my old boat just gave out after 6 years. As a note, that boat used to eat batteries every other year.

If you go to wal-mart check how long the battery has been on the shelf, it could be years with no maint. done to it. also their return policy, I got stuck on an atv battery 6 months to the day & no pro rateing!! Had to buy new but not there!

Are these batts. deep cycle or deep cycle/starting (dual purpose) ? I am under the impression deep cycle batts. are not good for use as starting batt. , they are made to be almost totally discharged over time ,as in electric trolling motors, before being recharged . The sudden amp demand for starting shortens their life. I have one of the Auto Zone dual purpose marine batts. , going strong into it's 4th year.

Exide, Delphi and Johnson Controls are the 3 big battery manufactures. I believe Delphi makes the everlast for Walmart and also ac delco. I have had2 everlasts in my boat for 3 years and no pblms. I didnot even remove from boat last fall and they were fine and are still going strong.

Walmart batteries will give you a 2 year warranty.That is about their life expectancy.They are junk. I tried them and although I kept them inside on wood with a trickle charger over the winter,they crapped out in a little over 2 years

Right next to walmart in Henrietta on 391 Clay road there is an Interstate battery dealer.You can get cosmetically blemished Interstate batteries with interstate warranty for about 30 dollars less than regular interstate batteries.This makes them the same price as Walmart batteries but a much higher quality and warranty.They are open until 5 or 5.30 five days a week.Just give them a call at 359-3150 to make sure that they have what you need because their stock has a very high turn over.