Owasco June 11

Howdy all,

Did a late afternoon north Owasco trip on friday.

The first laker came on a b/s smithwick on the 6 color lead core. The fish hit as I was connecting the in-line planer board.

The other three hit on a b/s R&R spoon on the bottom in 50-70 fow.

Noticed a fair amount of bait. I think the surface was low 60's. I wasnt running the down probe.

I cant seem to get the Lowrance HDS5 to mark the 1&1/2 oz jig I've been trying. Any suggestions I what setting I might need to change ?

Thanks- Rusty

I would start by turning auto sensitivity off and then turn the sensitivity to 100% and back it off as need be to get rid of some of the noise. Most of the time for jiggin I can run my Lowrance at 98-100% senitivity. Hope this helps ya

I agree w/ Okuma on maxing sensitivity for jigging, also check ping speed - you want to crank that up pretty good too. Another thing that could be a factor is where on the boat you are making your drops from w/ respect to the location of the transducer.Also, remember that if the boat is drifting a fair amount, fish marks will look like smeared lines, and the jig drop can take on an unusual look, especially if your drop rate is on the slow side.