Bar east towards Wilson 5/25-5/26

185 to 230 fow seemed best east of the Bar over the two days. Friday was a big search mode deal. Never really locked into a program, but did manage a 6 for 9 day, including a 38 1/2" 21# King on one of the more devastating wire diver hits I have ever witnessed. (I felt like calling the cops because I thought the rod got raped!) We searched from the red can east towards Wilson from 100 fow to 300 fow.

Friday evening we met up at the Y-town motel with RICHARD, another LOU member and took their advice on heading east and fishing a spot east towards Wilson in 200 or so fow. Had a GREAT morning. Only lost one fish and had our daily tag filled by 9 am. Hot combo was a Chartreuse Opti Dodger in front of a Willis Tourney Glo regular Dreamweaver on a LONG leash, like 6 feet! I figured it was like a really, really long meat rig out there so we gave it a whirl and it paid off. It hadn't hit the 100 foot mark for 1 minute when it fired and Jimmy boated a decent teenager. Started our south pass when the other rigger fired with the SS Old Yeller on it and Jimmy nailed another nice teenager. Reset that rigger and the dodger/spoon fired again, but this time it was screaming! Long story short, 32 minutes later we boated a 22#er. One of the more epic battles with a salmon I have ever had.

Still strange we only had the one wire diver hit over the two days. Big fish, but only one. Riggers still seem to be the trick.