Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Well lets see maybe the forcast was off a little. Canada is north, Florida is south, the Atlantic is to the east and California is to the west. So when I was greeted at the parkway by a monsoon started to wonder if we would even get out. Drove through the down pore and hit the launch at 5:30. Started to blow from the EAST at 15-20 and then it got SNOTTY FAST !!! Pulled our spread with 3-4'ers crashing and whitecaps as far to the EAST yes, EAST the direction of the sunrise as we can see. Maybe when the forcast says south less than 10 and lake less than 1' we should stay home because I'm going to start digging a big hole to put all the weathermen in :devil::no::swear::mooning::headbang:

Maybe Sun. for another Lake Ontario bath

Steve

====================

Steve I feel your pain very much. With the favorable marine forecast and weather as of midnight last night I was looking forward to an early morning out on the lake. I live on the lake so I was awakened by that pretty intense thunderstorm about 5am and walked outside and I was greeted by the 15kt NE wind and white caps and a big ole WTF came out of my mouth.. I was ready to use the nearest meteorologist as a drift sock.. I sent my fishing party a video and they quickly canceled LoL

Steve I feel your pain very much. With the favorable marine forecast and weather as of midnight last night I was looking forward to an early morning out on the lake. I live on the lake so I was awakened by that pretty intense thunderstorm about 5am and walked outside and I was greeted by the 15kt NE wind and white caps and a big ole WTF came out of my mouth.. I was ready to use the nearest meteorologist as a drift sock.. I sent my fishing party a video and they quickly canceled LoL

Chris,

WTF !!!! Maybe I should call you at 4:45 to get a Lake report, Because the bouy said everything was a go. I drove through that gully washer wipers on high and slowed down to 25 mph still couldn't see worth a shizit .

Maybe in the AM I'll call you on the VHF

Steve

PS Is the boat ( lower unit ) all good

Steve you forgot that the weatherman always gets the sunrise and sunset right and that there is a chance of everything else Could happen......

Woody if they had to forecast that I'm sure they would screw that up too ...

Stopped in Irondequoit & got gas at 5, took St Paul St down to lake. As I crossed Stutson St bridge, I saw the 1st lightning. Took a left on Lake & went home. Didn't get wet till I had boat backed into driveway. Then it poured! :@

Maybe tomorrow.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Steve

I'm usually on ch 72 unless I'm listening to the fishing reports on ch 8. Holler anytime, I'm always up for exchanging strategy and conditions.

The new lower unit is perfect so far, thanks for asking.

Chris

PS Just in case none of you Sandy guys knew, the yacht club has a live web cam now. Its not great but you can see the outlet and the wind direction on the flag.

We sat at the river to after 6 watching the lightning pass trying to convince the guy next to us to put in first cause his boat was more of a lightning rod than ours :D:D . Went out to 65 foot marked fish and waited to c what the hell the weather was going to do before we set lines. ran back into 30, set one rig and said screw it and headed in. little much for my twenty footer. the funny thing was, on the radar it showed the storm moving east, well it was right out of the north. got some much needed sleep

left the dock at Sodus at about 4:30. Got on the lake about 5 and decided we beteer head back in to ride out the storm. South wind about 5-8 blowing at the time. We tucked in behind LeRoy Isl. just in time. Waited out the storm (about 15 min.) and headed out. SE to E winds about 10-15. waves never got over 1-1/2' down there. Heard the guys out of Roch. talking 4-5 footers, and thought they were exaggerating. Blew pretty good from the East for a coiuple hours, then winfd died down again about noon. landed 1 atlantic, and 3 chicks. all in all not a bad day for us. The shoe drops on the other foot with a 15-20 west wind for us.

I heard last night from a VERY reliable source that the fleet fishing the Pro-Am out of Point Breeze were battling 8-10' sea for a period of time. Apparently Yankee Troller took a wave OVER the top of his boat. A 25' Bayliner with a hardtop. Report said alot of CHUMMING going on west of the oak yesterday :lol::lol:

I guess with the lake not being hot and heavy right now I'm not totally heart broken, just want to hear a screaming drag because its been awhile. Maybe I jinks myself by starting the season with a 17 lb crome bullet at the Niagara Bar 001-1.jpg 8 lb test and a bucktail jig trying for lakers when this says "HELLO"

Steve

NIAGARA RIVER TO SODUS BAY ALONG LAKE ONTARIO

INCLUDING IRONDEQUOIT BAY-

346 AM EDT SAT JUN 12 2010

.TODAY...EAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST. SCATTERED

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

.TONIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 KNOTS

OR LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

.SUNDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING NORTH. PARTLY

SUNNY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...NORTH WINDS LESS THAN 10 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. A

CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.

THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 59 DEGREES...THE CENTRAL

LAKE ONTARIO BUOY WATER TEMPERATURE IS 60 DEGREES.

SODUS BAY TO THE ST LAWRENCE RIVER ALONG LAKE ONTARIO-

.TODAY...EAST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS INCREASING TO 5 TO 15 KNOTS.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

OR LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING WEST. A

CHANCE OF SHOWERS OVERNIGHT. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

What part of this forecast don't you understand???? I see one very important thing, THUNDERSTORMS. I don't care what the other elements of the forecast say. Once you have a thunderstorm complex moving into the area, all bets are off until it passes. Very often they put the remarks "wind and waves higher near thunderstorms", but for most experienced boater, that should be understood.

It was issued well before you launched. The thunderstorm complex contributed to the stronger than forecast east wind. Once it passed, things calmed down again.

.TODAY...EAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST. SCATTERED

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 59 DEGREES...THE CENTRAL

LAKE ONTARIO BUOY WATER TEMPERATURE IS 60 DEGREES.

SODUS BAY TO THE ST LAWRENCE RIVER ALONG LAKE ONTARIO-

.TODAY...EAST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS INCREASING TO 5 TO 15 KNOTS.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

OR LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING WEST. A

CHANCE OF SHOWERS OVERNIGHT. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

What part of this forecast don't you understand???? I see one very important thing, THUNDERSTORMS. I don't care what the other elements of the forecast say. Once you have a thunderstorm complex moving into the area, all bets are off until it passes. Very often they put the remarks "wind and waves higher near thunderstorms", but for most experienced boater, that should be understood.

It was issued well before you launched. The thunderstorm complex contributed to the stronger than forecast east wind. Once it passed, things calmed down again.

Sounds like you always believe the weatherman Tiaogaguy, I read the forcast the exact same way you did. No where does it call for ENE winds at 20 knots. Wind and waves higher near thunderstorms !!!! a full hour past when the storms hit us at the dock. the lake continued to build till about 10 am.

Experience is something I've got plenty of, been on the Big O for over 30 years. Just like the forecast to be somewhat accurate for a change

Steve

Sounds like you always believe the weatherman Tiaogaguy, I read the forcast the exact same way you did. No where does it call for ENE winds at 20 knots. Wind and waves higher near thunderstorms !!!! a full hour past when the storms hit us at the dock. the lake continued to build till about 10 am.

Experience is something I've got plenty of, been on the Big O for over 30 years. Just like the forecast to be somewhat accurate for a change

Steve

Steve,

Get in the truck, drive to the nearest gas station and buy a lottery ticket. You have a better chance of winning the lottery! I wish I could be wrong at my job every day and still have a job.

Brian,

I use to think I'd have a better chance at getting struck by lighting but, REALLY it's already happened to me !!! at work Perry/Warsaw airport in 2005. So now I just hope that some day ..... he'll get it right. Good luck in derby

Steve

Just because the thunderstorms "are past you" doesn't mean they won't affect the weather in your area. Read a little bit about thunderstorm complexes. They can be 20 or 30 miles east of your location and the outflow from them can still reach your area. In this case the thunderstorms were in the southeast corner of LO and very slow moving, enhancing the easterly flow along the south shore. But hey, why do you bother looking at the forecasts if they're ALWAYS wrong? Like you said you the 30 year experience on the lake, should be a piece of cake for you to look out the window, and go.

They didn't even have it right for the CURRENT weather. Marine radio said se wind at 10, waves 1 foot while we were on the lake dealing with ne at 20 and building waves 3-5....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

942 AM EDT SAT JUN 12 2010

.REST OF TODAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SHOWERS LIKELY...A

CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 61 DEGREES...THE CENTRAL

LAKE ONTARIO BUOY WATER TEMPERATURE IS 56 DEGREES.

...THUNDERSTORMS MOVING ACROSS CENTRAL LAKE ONTARIO...

AT 500 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED AN

AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...LOCATED ABOUT 5 MILES WEST OF

HAMLIN BEACH AND MOVING EAST AT 35 KNOTS.

MARINERS CAN EXPECT GUSTY WINDS...LOCALLY HIGHER WAVES...HEAVY RAIN

AND LIGHTNING STRIKES AS THE STORMS MOVE BETWEEN HAMLIN BEACH AND

SODUS BAY THROUGH 6 AM. BOATERS SHOULD SEEK SAFE HARBOR IMMEDIATELY

UNTIL THESE STORM CLEAR THE AREA.

I guess I don't see where the forecast was that atrocious. You say 20 kt winds waves 3-5 ft, forecast 10-15 kts waves 2-4 ft. Like I said, just go man, you don't need no stinkin' weather forecast.

Tiogaguy, I'm not sure why your getting so defensive regarding this, the forecast yesterday was way wrong, plain and simple. Just ask any of the 60 boat who fished the Pro Am in 6-8 foot and occasional bigger waves yesterday morning at the Oak, with no thunderstorms within about 30 miles. The marine forecast Steve is referring to included all the way to the Niagara River and it was way off. None of the forecasts predicted the wind and waves we had yesterday. Unfortunately it seems to be a pattern for the marine forecast a lot in the early summer months.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):Sat 6/12

Time on Water:5:30

Weather/Temp: Cloudy /65

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: <1 up to 4'++

Surface Temp: 67* dropped to 62

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Well lets see maybe the forcast was off a little. Canada is north, Florida is south, the Atlantic is to the east and California is to the west. So when I was greeted at the parkway by a monsoon started to wonder if we would even get out. Drove through the down pore and hit the launch at 5:30. Started to blow from the EAST at 15-20 and then it got SNOTTY FAST !!! Pulled our spread with 3-4'ers crashing and whitecaps as far to the EAST yes, EAST the direction of the sunrise as we can see. Maybe when the forcast says south less than 10 and lake less than 1' we should stay home because I'm going to start digging a big hole to put all the weathermen in :devil::no::swear::mooning::headbang:

Maybe Sun. for another Lake Ontario bath

Steve

====================

Maybe they meant Sunday...Not Saturday! I was right beside you in the 17' Center Console. I did boat a 20" King 50 foot down over 140 (When I could get there). Did you like the way the wind suddenly shifted directly from the north at 15 to 20 mph? That was enough for me...I pulled up, got soaked going in. Anyway, better luck next weekend!

Mark

Matilda K

(New to the site)