Nice day on the water. Went three for five on the northerns. 2 on bionic bucktail black n silver. In front of conesus inn. 1 on orange reef runner 100 back at 2mph. south end. Largest around 33 let them all go boatside so no actual measurements for fish that small. Water temp only 68 due to cloudy day. Had to leave early being a school night n all. Would have liked to stay until 1am for some eyes. :yes:

Took the day off yesterday 6/14 and snuck out to Conesus for a few hours. Got a couple bass on a "muskie inhaler" bucktail, and lost a slob pike boatside that hit a mepps giant killer just north of the launch. Spent most of the time trolling...but nada.

Are you guys using line counters on your trolling reels? Can anyone recommend a decent add-on line counter that is not a piece of junk?

sometimes use line counters, sometimes count level wind passes. figure out how much line it takes for the level wind to go back and forth and use that as a guide.

Yeah Nitro I am, a lot of guys been saying they are catching pike with walleye baits so I figure why not give it a wack.

I have a couple of shakspeare lc reels that I really like but I do use the rapala counters on other rods. The new versions are nicer with angled head and light. You just have to tighen the tension for braid and I use my thumb to hold the line tight tight to the rod while letting line out, then they work fine.

Thanks, I will probably give the rapala LC's a try. I picked up a pair of Penn 320 gt's last year and didn't get the LC versions because I figured it would just be one more thing to break on me. I would like to get one more trolling reel this year, so I may give in and get one with a built in counter.

FbIWS.jpg

took son #3 out today for his birthday. he was an hour late so i fished near the launch. i got three before he got there. by the time he showed up it was thundering. we got three more and then the lightning started to show. after all my safety preaching i kinda had to put my money where my mouth was and leave. i got mine on the rabid squirrl spinnerbait and his was on a nickle redeye. i got bit pretty good today showing off my hand landing "skills"