40 Miles off Charleston,SC

My brother and I sucked it up on Sunday after a weeklong Easterly Blow and decided to make the run 40 miles offshore to the ledge of Charlseton on Sunday... we knew it would be worth it... ended up with 6 Mahi (Up to 23lbs), 2 wahoo and a King Mackeral, dumped and missed at least another dozen fish. I attached a few pics and a video clip of the trolling at 6 knots and actually captured a few Mahi bites which was pretty cool!

My Bro with a King Mackeral

100_1054.jpg

Small Wahoo

100_1057.jpg

Me and a 23lb Mahi

100_1065.jpg

22lb Mahi

100_1069.jpg

The end of The Day!

100_1095.jpg

Fish on!!! Video

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/h ... 1062-1.flv

We had a sloppy sea after a weeklong Easterly blow. There was a 3-5' ground swell from the NE and then 3-5' from a SE breeze at 10-15mph. We ran out at 19 knots in his 25' Grady on an ESE course, so it was pretty tough, took us about 2 hours from the end of the Charleston Jetties. His dock is back up the Wando River, so we had to run about 10 miles thru the river and harbor and then another 10 to get outside the jetty. So, about 60 miles total. Needless to say we burned 140 gallons of gas, so none of us should EVER complain about having to fish 15 miles offshore to find fish!!!