what takes so long?

I'd really like to check out results from this weekends pro am. Shouldn't saturdays results be posted saturday night? That way people who are curious could check them out and follow them. Would others besides myself like to be able to follow the teams progress? I think its something small that would make the pro ams better

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Yo Mike ya missed a great time :puke:

Ok for as much as i try to get as many involved to get into the pro ams I now feel i would be missleading someone into a falts hope of fun.

Not that the getting togeather and chating with the "DERBY" friends and the competative fishing isnt great ...BUT..................................................

Well first let me say this ..not to toot my horn but more as a proverb lesson..

When I took over as president of the national cinderella softball leauge they had problems, teams were dropping out,intrest was falling,the books were a few dollars from turning red and the overall spirit was slowley going...away:

Well the board was big 15 people , great ideas were dissused for several hours at every 1 hour meetings ,

at the end of 4 hrs for our 1 hr meeting 15 people had 15 great ideas how to better the"" World series "" Held on our fields but ,there seemed to be one major focus overlooked by most but viewed by a few as a more important issue....Our duty ..

TO THE TEAMS WE WERE THEIR TO REPRESENT AND TO DO OUR BEST TO MAKE IT THE MOST ENJOYABLE AND POSITIVE EXPERIENCE DURING THE SERIES (6 WEEKS)...

OUR GOAL FROM DAY 1 OF US (new board) TAKING OVER WAS : EVERY DECISION WE MAKE HAS TO BE FOR THE GIRLS (TEAMS) IT WAS NOT ABOUT US BUT THEM..

At the end of 10 years of the board being down to basic 6 people;;; all the fields ,fences,scoreboards,sound systems,new field lighting,new field equiptment,consession stand improvments,seating, were done at the cost of many 1000,s of dollars....with 17,000.00 left on the books IN THE BLACK for future improvements.. 5 others and myself worked togeather as a team to get the small communties reinvolved ,several small communties got teams back togeather and as the end result about 1000 more kids were involved in a almost overlooked event with some of those small towns doing well against the estlablished franchises....

So what am i saying...............shure the national camera crews on a few boats might be really cool for a few but at what expence to the little guys??

At what expence to the derby??

As ALWAYS I THANK EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THESE EVENTS AND MAKING THEM RUN AS WELL AS THEY DO , BUT SOMETIMES YA GOTTA LOOK AT YOUR SHOES.///

Landshark:

I have sort of lost my interest in the follow-up (hopefully temporarily) but I always tried my best to be the the self-appointed "one" to post results as soon as possible as I realize the very strong importance of this, and what it means to us involved.

As much as the Pro/Am "committee" (if that's the right word to use) seems to want to make the best of these highly "prestigious" events, there are a few small quarks that could be ironed out to achieve a better goal.

There are several small itmes that would pay a better justice to all involved, especially the players, each of which have been mentioned but no attention given to: #1 is faster results, sometimes by the time results are posted the "need or want to know" "hype" has been alleviated by time.

Another would be to make the white boards a bit more visible for all of us to see instead of behind a table non-visible. This was mentioned last year as some of us who like to see where we are ranking "as the teams weigh-in" struggled to see half the boards.

I would consider this constructive criticism, but I guess its not taken that way (:

It was a fun event, staying versatile being key to final placement, I talked to others who enjoyed their participation at Orleans, we had fun on Team Cold Steel until breaking down again on the way home. Poor Tom Burke !!!! Cant catch a break lately ):

Tom

I fished 2 of the events and agree with the point that Tom made about the boards being visible. It's hard to even get a picture of them at times.

It's Monday at 5:07pm, I am in Maryland wanting to k now how some of the guys I know did and the results are still not posted on their site :o ??? Ray could get them posted faster than that (all be it most not spelled correctly :lol: ) typing with his 10 thumbs he has then these people seem to be able to do. Is it that hard to set up an Excel table type in a name and scores and post it? it's not like they have to put in 1,000 names and scores, it's what around 100?

Sounds like this "committee" ( :D ) has other things to work on instead of worrying about camera crews on boats and what a team name has to be 2 weeks before the Pro -Am start!

Seems like they are more worried about becoming this huge national tournament that everybody knows about instead of just trying to make it a great run tournament that guys will want to take part in.

Seems like they are more worried about becoming this huge national tournament that everybody knows about instead of just trying to make it a great run tournament that guys will want to take part in.

Well said fisherman Tom.

WOW...you guys are unbelievable! You **** about the meager payouts so we make changes to make the payouts bigger. Bigger payouts can ONLY come from more publicity and BIG sponsors. Our own TV show will attract those bigger sponsors resulting in bigger payouts resulting in more people bringing more money into the communities but yet you guys **** about that too. Has it occurred to ANY of you that the tournament is still run almost entirely by volunteers who have other jobs to do?

When we posted results quickly without checking and cross checking the numbers you guys ****ed that no one knew what they were doing and the numbers were all wrong. If an error was made in the Challenge Cup points we were deluged with irate phone calls. Has it occurred to ANY of you that the tournament is still run almost entirely by volunteers who have other jobs to do?

We are taking the time the make sure ALL of the numbers are right so you guys have nothing to **** about. But, then again, I'm confident you'll find something to complain about.

The Series has enlisted the help of our very own Chad Lapa (Blueye) to assist with web updates. Now that you all know that you can bash Chad on his own website!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Paul,

I was not *****ing, I was just asking a question about the tourney rules. Where can I find them?

Brian

middle of the page, right hand side in the "Important Information" box, Tournament Rules is the 3rd item down.

http://lopacup.com/wordpress/

http://lopacup.com/wordpress/?page_id=327

Tim

Lot's of great fisherman, volunteers and sponsors!

I can appreciate those that would like to see the results sooner. I am involved in Alpine Ski Racing and we run into the same thing. I understand what goes into an event from planning to awards. We have chosen to post ASAP "Unofficial Results" (and use for awards) that most often are the same as those posted later as "Official Results". We state that awards are indeed based on these unofficial results. We also often post online these "Unofficial Results".This allows folks to see results, awards and still get on the road home (or if looking online on with other activities) as many come from a great distance. This seems to keep most happy and people understand if things do happen to change the results including awards. No one seems to mind.

Just a thought.

This was my first time fishing one of these and was a great experience. I was lucky enough to fish with Dave and Josh and Joel on Tracker. I would certainly like to participate in the future.

Give the organizers a bit of slack.....

Bruce

thanks Tim, those sites made it easy for me to get the info i needed regarding the open division. was thinking of wrapping up the summer derby by doing the sodus one.didn't realise that each day was indivisual instead a 2 day combined event.saw the price for each day and i am fine with all that. would like to know the prize structure. is it a certain % cash back within the division entrants ? also how many places are usually paid along with # of boats normally entered? it might all be there somewhere but can't find it. ....Gambler.....might be your computer...i can scroll all the way down the rules no problem.

I wasn't ****ing I was just curious as to why something that really doesn't seem to difficult to do is unavailable. Its a suggestion that it would be fun to follow teams even if the results are unofficial. Didn't want this thread to turn into a pro am bash. I've had a good time every event I've fished but like I said that's all I was wondering

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I can understand both poits of view here. It is absolutly unfair to think the committee could/should post the results any faster than they do. If you pay any attention at all, or fish the Pro Am's, it's easy to see all the work the committee puts forth. If you want real time results....FISH THEM !!

That being said, I know many of us are interested in what's going on. That is up to those who fish to post some unofficial reports and results. This time the leader board was to low, and getting a picture was not possible. That should be fixed, and I'm sure it will be addressed. I didn't pay attention to the exact results much this time, except that Screamer won the Pro and Five More Minutes won the Am. Idon't know the order in which teams placed, maybe I'll take pictures of the leaderboards next time and post them.

From chatting with most of these teams in the last 2 days and a bit from memory I can add from the pro side:

Screamer won Obviously

8 more of the top 10 teams in no certain order include:

Reel Excitement (Bob Songin), Cold Steel (Tom Burke)(7th), Sunrise 11 (Bob Stevens)(10th), Vision Quest (Pete Alex)(8th), Top Gun (Greg Gehreg), Hotline, Thrillseeker (Vince), Devonian (Mark Lewis)(3rd)

Tom

Well said fisherman Tom.

WOW...you guys are unbelievable! You **** about the meager payouts so we make changes to make the payouts bigger. Bigger payouts can ONLY come from more publicity and BIG sponsors. Our own TV show will attract those bigger sponsors resulting in bigger payouts resulting in more people bringing more money into the communities but yet you guys **** about that too. Has it occurred to ANY of you that the tournament is still run almost entirely by volunteers who have other jobs to do?

When we posted results quickly without checking and cross checking the numbers you guys **** that no one knew what they were doing and the numbers were all wrong. If an error was made in the Challenge Cup points we were deluged with irate phone calls. Has it occurred to ANY of you that the tournament is still run almost entirely by volunteers who have other jobs to do?

We are taking the time the make sure ALL of the numbers are right so you guys have nothing to **** about. But, then again, I'm confident you'll find something to complain about.

The Series has enlisted the help of our very own Chad Lapa (Blueye) to assist with web updates. Now that you all know that you can bash Chad on his own website!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Paul , I don't think anybody is "****" at you guys running the Pro Am's, just looking at getting something that seems very simple to a lot of us done in a reasonable amount of time which I think even you would think 24 hours is plenty of. I have been in Maryland since Sunday morning and was interested in how friends of mine that were fishing had done without calling each of them. Like I had said, it was 5:07 pm MONDAY when I was checking, not 5:07 pm on SUNDAY!

You had at least 1 "BIG" sponsor in A-TOM-MIK who as he stated had paid out nearly $4,000 or $5,000 in both sponsorship and awards if I remember correctly and they got lets just say "PINCHED" to be nice, just before the Pro Am started. I think that's probably not the way to "attract" more "BIG" sponsors :no:

I think the best thing you have done here is enlist Chad :clap::clap::clap::clap::yes::yes::yes::yes: because the way he and the MODERATORS aka "volunteers that have other jobs to do" run this site which is GREAT! Haven't heard any ***** about the way this site is run!

Bruce excellent idea in just posting it as Unofficial results :yes:

I think you are only going to get so many Pro and AM teams to sign up because of the expenses and time involved to participate no matter how much you show a clip on a TV. Maybe I am wrong but how much business do you get in your taxidermy business because of the premier workmanship you do (which is great by the way having seen it in person compared to a picture) and by word of mouth from satisfied customers as opposed to an expensive paid ad in a magazine?

Just my last 2 cents. Still had a great time in the two AM's I took place in :yes:

Just another reason to fish only the LOC Derby events, they have all of their $hit in one pile with instant electronic updates. No observer either!

Iceman....why ya always gotta be like that??

You never pass on a chance to bash these awesome events even thouh you have never participated. You have no idea what you are even talking about :no:

Loc is a "for profit" derby.....Pro Am's are "non profit" and run by volenteers. Apples and oranges dude. Get it strait.

Paul-Fishinman and Iceman--

Iceman, with all due respect you need to keep your thoughts focused on the LOC as that seems to be what you participate in.

Paul-- not all criticism is made to put something down. If you didn't keep score and have results you wouldn't have a reason to have a Pro-Am ! Many people are interested in "who did what" even if the early postings are un-official. Every posting on LOU that was availabe Sunday morning of the Niagara event had 100's of hits because-you guessed it--people were interested in Pro-Am results. I hope you and the Pro-Am board will take a look at posting un-official results as soon as possible after the weigh ins. Keep up the good work, I feel you guys are heading in the right direction.

Fishinman-- I think you spoke for the, "silent majority". Have a good summer.

Dick C.

Paul-Fishinman and Iceman--

Iceman, with all due respect you need to keep your thoughts focused on the LOC as that seems to be what you participate in.

Paul-- not all criticism is made to put something down. If you didn't keep score and have results you wouldn't have a reason to have a Pro-Am ! Many people are interested in "who did what" even if the early postings are un-official. Every posting on LOU that was availabe Sunday morning of the Niagara event had 100's of hits because-you guessed it--people were interested in Pro-Am results. I hope you and the Pro-Am board will take a look at posting un-official results as soon as possible after the weigh ins. Keep up the good work, I feel you guys are heading in the right direction.

Fishinman-- I think you spoke for the, "silent majority". Have a good summer.

Dick C.

"Unofficial Results" have been posted twice that I know of. It was done once by a Committee member trying to satisfy those that "have to know NOW" and once by a "well meaning" LOU member who felt the "need" to keep the masses informed.

In both cases it resulted in TONS of phone calls, irate internet postings and emails and a general bashing of the ProAm Committees for shoddy work. The Committee decided at the very next meeting that NO results would be posted until the numbers were checked and cross checked and the final standings were checked and cross checked.

Like it or not, guys, YOU helped create the current posting time delay with your complaining. When the results are posted they will be the correct and FINAL results---just like you asked for the last time this topic came up.

Dick I understand that not all criticism is meant to put something down. I do know the difference between constructive criticism and bashing and complaining. However, when the same criticising names come up over and over again without ever offering to help I tend to get a little ticked off. If you think you can do better.....get off your lazy butt and do it! In the meantime quit complaining about volunteers doing the best they can with what they have to work with.