Cayuga Sunday June 13th whoopin!

Went out last evening with Yukonstu from 4:30 til 8:30 and had a blast! Launched out of Dean's cove and headed North. Got the first rod down 35 feet plus a slider and before I could get the second rod down...BAM - FISH ON! 4 lb Laker on the 35 down spoon. So, I thought...Wow, this is going to be a great night. Then we poked away for about 30-40 minutes with nothing. Hunted around for the fish and found a sweet honey hole. Next thing you know it is GAME ON!

Ran two riggers with sliders small spoons on all. Riggers down 35 and 40 feet. Also ran two divers with flasher fly combo #2 setting out 140 - 180 mostly. Both YukonStu and I had a first. We took a hit on the rigger and when he reeled it in...BAM. It's a double on a single pole. Two Salmon. One hit bottom lure and other hit slider. We both talked about how that is a first for us. We kept fishing and BAM!!! another double on single rod! All in all, we had three doubles on single rods and at one point I was also battling a Pig Lake trout that got off at the surface. I would say that counts as a TRIPLE!

All in all we landed 8 Lakers around 4- 6 lbs, 9 Salmon between 12-19", and a nice 18 - 19" Rainbow. We also lost the Pig laker at the top of the water and had at least 5 or 6 hit and runs! Not bad for two guys out on the water for about 3.5 hours of fishing time.

Here is a pic of the first double and a nasty pic of my Live well after the fish were gilled. Oh yeah...fish mostly came in 60 -80 feet of water but a couple came out in 130 -140.

dNjvr.jpg

Wayne,

I thought I heard yelling from down on the water. :) We live up the hill on County road 124 so I saw your boat out there as I was bushhogging around the farm. Nice report, but next time skip the livewell photo.

Greg

Yea,

Now that i look at that again...I removed it. That was pretty nasty.

Here is a much better pic.

Wayne

mTgor.jpg

it's always fun to have a night like that. Congrats. We've been hitting pretty good south of you and yes once you find a pod them stay on them if there feeding. We spend more time doing circles and catch alot.

Mower

Great report! Thanks for the invite!...I wish I hadn't of had those dinner plans! :(

That's alright Jason. We'll get out again some time soon. I can't wait to get out with you on Ontario and slam some Kings! You are welcome to come fishing with me any time.

Wayne

maybe the west side is the hot place. went out the east side over the week end from LP south to Kings Ferry Point; small llocks, and found huge areas of grass, off and on all through there. bait and the right temp at 50 degrees matches what you are saying. could not fish consistently due to off and on grass area. acquaintance picked up three pig lakers pullng wire on his victrola in 90'. maybe I should go get mine out along with the 88, a cold beer, and a net.