waneta lake musky fishing

You can sign up for the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tourney at the Mayville Launch from 7:00 am till 9:00 am on Saturday June 19th and join us all and at the same time support the NY State Musky Stocking Program!

If you decide to go to Waneta better wear your life jacket ,you may be the only one on the lake!

Capt. Larry

Bob you most definitely will not be the only one on that lake. in fact there is a bass tournament there so the launch will be packed around 6am and parked trailers will line the street. gets warm there quickly so you may find them shallow or open water. try the N and S ends in the weeds as well as the open water nearby. I think this is the year off of the every other year weed killing so the shorelines on both sides should be weeded up too

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

this guy i know got this small one last night on topwater. sorry its so small you can barely see it ;)

p.s. i am done swimming in waneta after seeing this one.

zKa00.jpg 48.5" i had to photoshop the background so u cant see where i got it. :rofl: just kidding. i hate when people do that!

oh yeah i forgot- it was from lamoka and i used a borrowed measuring tape from #d c^&%g. fish told me that all her buddies have moved to the south lake also. its gonna be a tough year at waneta w/ no skies left in there. :rofl: thanks bob. i was thrilled, i heard the fish before it hit. like woosh, woosh and then the line got very tight and i yanked up bill dance style on her a$$. swam away good and its gonna take me a week to make up for all my lost sleep. typing this now i am beat down tired, hands hurt, shoulders, nose and forehead are sunburned to a nice crispy leathery surface. shoulders are sore, foot hurts from stepping on a 3/0 treble barefoot that almost went into the barb. it was a full weekend.

this saturday is my birthday and i have full intentions to put in 24 hours at waneta. i want to start at midnight friday and fish until midnight saturday night. sounds cool and it will be a week after my last time out so i shouldn't be all sore like i am after this weekend. my ole man should be my musky partner for the first time since he moved away to the city 7 years ago. i can't wait, i don't even know if he remembers how to use a baitcaster. i am so excited to share the boat w/ him and i really hope i can get him on a fish. for him it doesn't need to be big, i just want to get the old man back into the game and have something tugging on his line. we had some great trips to canada when i was a kid chasing muskies and i miss fishing w/ him. he is only gonna be out for the morning. anyone else down saturday?

sounds like a blast, wait another year and i will be reading all your musky posts while colton and i are chasing crappie and bluegills and that is what fishing is all about! i hear honeyoe has been killer for smaller bass on topwater. good luck and after bob wier i think my head would hurt to bad to fish the next day anyways! ;)

its not the smiling thats boring... that and being out with good company is great...its the bass (and dink ones at that) that will have me wishin we were on waneta. but I'd rather see my nephew have a good time and catch a lot of fish rather than feed my own habit while he struggles for bass, which is why I'm going to take them over to H instead. I'd consider lamoka but they are also a bit far for a quick trip.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

i heard that earthquake was supposed to turn fish on 2x more than a thunderstorm.... wait that wasn't in musky hunter. are earthquakes good for fishing? i wonder.

24 hrs trollin in circles, maybe you could start a "troll for life"" event and get sponcers for each lap.. :lol:

keep up these post and i might dig up my boxes of old musky lures,ahh their probly just junk heck the glass eye are dirty and them little screws that hold the hooks in are too shiny to catch fish ..