Niagra proam headed west had a good prefish friday. Sat of course the water that been producing was destroyed. Nothing was rt when put the probe down our break was gone water dropped 8 degrees overnt. Nothing but clear water and a blank screen. So we set a search and destroy program wich consisted of nkmags and dodgers and speed. Three hours of searching finall paid off with 8 quality bites all mature kings. Ended with 6 kings. Broke one off swivell snapped in half and the other well dipsies work etter when u loosen ur drag. It was good enough for 4th... Now the oak. We had an incredible prefish we caught over 20 fish on fri at least. WE boated over 12 mature kings. We were just a little east of the plant. Sat ran the 19 miles set up boards out. starboard side breaks off in goes the spread and the search begins 30 min later we net our board. So we get all set up and there goes our port board breaks here we go again. Anyways that was a tryin x in those conditions. Finally we get set up decided to keep going west got bit 6x had a decnt box of fish. We landed every bite wich amazed me me in those conditions. Sun again water we have been fishing was destroyed so we headed out deep ended up with 5 fish we dropped 3 screamers behind the boat. All heartbrekers could of boxed out easily. Thats fishing though.. We used a 2 rigger 4 copper spread wich produced good all wkend. We finished third .And first in the challengs cup. Our observers were awesome and we all had a great x .

I have to say it sucked watching those fish go away for you guys on Sunday. I had a great time observing on your vessel and it was good to meet you fellas. You guys have fun and hold together well even when fish and planers get away! Best of luck next time around on the east end and keep the hot hooks sharp! Ill be in contact during Sodus

Gregg

I busted off my otter boat during the niagara wave fest :devil: . I use the amish outfitters line and like it, however, in my instance the knot at the otter pulled out, breaking styrofoam around the retention holes. Very poorly engineered. I kind of knew one day it would happen, and as luck would have it, what ever might go wrong, usually goes wrong during a tournament. For a quick fix all I had to do was reverse the boards/keels/holes and use the holes on the other side. Seems like there should be a stainless backer plate behind the styrofoam and ahead of the knot. Something to do in the offseason.