Adirondacks

Hey I don’t know if this really fits here but oh well. My buddy and I are planning on taking a three day kayak trip of the Adirondacks over fourth of July weekend and I was wondering if any one had some good tips. Any lakes to go to, what to use, when to use it, what to bring or even good routes to go. Anything’s appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Thurman

The beaver river flow (AKA Moshier Reservoir) off of the stillwater reservoir is a great place to kayak and fish! Tons of smallmouths and a few VERY big muskies! One of the coolest places I know to go. Topwater action is fenominal with rapalas working once the wind picks up slightly. To get there, you want to take 28 to inlet and take a left onto the Big Moose Road (its right after the grocery store). Follow the signs all the way to stillwater reservoir. At the one and only stop sign, take a right which takes you to the stillwater store, but before that, take a left on "necessary dam rd". Its a small dirt road but follow that to the end. You can fish from shore and current moves fast at first and then slows. Good camping along the way as well!

I love that area, I've gotta get up to Beaver River Station sometime this summer again. Smallmouth fishing is pretty good throughout the Stillwater Reservoir, Burnt Lake and Loon Lake also. Splake pretty much stay in Burnt.

Park in front of the "Algonquin" in Bolton Landing on Lake George and go in and get a Davidson IPA (draft) :beer: . Then try a shrimp appetizer followed by the surf n' turf. :yes:

If you want you can look out the window and watch the kids fish off the dock. Good luck 8)

I have been going up there for about 8 years now with the family & have fallen in love with the area. Excellent fishing abounds & lots of things for the family to do. Small & largemouths & Northerns all that can get really big. Flyfishing & deepwater fishing for trout. The lake i like ( which I won't name just yet) I use spinnerbaits & 5 mepps both in black & gold or orange. Blk or Brn buctails & plastics . Find weeds & fish around& over them & on the deep side of them. Saranac & Tupper Have good fishing. The outlet in Saranac lake behind the police station has an aboundance of fish . I like to bring my kids there for some fast action. Nothing big but a lot of fish.I will be there the 4th also. I have been dreaming about going since last labor day . Can't wait to see my buddy the bald eagle again ! The call of the loon at night melts my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

It was an a amazing time. I went to blue mountain lake we traveled the river from blue mountain to across raquett lake and back the first day then did a little climbing the next day. Caught some nice large mouths but no pike. I would love to hear about the secret lake ( you could even pm to keep it top secret) as were already planing another trip for the first weekend in august, thinking about lake lila area.

Thanks to every one for the help.