Out fishing yesterday AM. found many fish stacked in the scum line. Funny thing was that there were multiple scum lines set up. At least 4 that I can see. All between 25 and 150fow. Is this a normal occurance? The next logical question would be how would we get these fish to bite. Marked tons of fish after 8am, but none would bite. Tried lures, stickbaits, flashers w/flies. Nothin. I guess experience will solve that part of the equation.

S'Spoon - Speed & leed (lead). You have to experiment. As to which scum line, you have to watch temp gages. The one at 150FOW had extremely cold water outside of it. make sure what you're seeing is fish and not big flotsam/jetsum. Normally if I see what look like multiple lines I'll zigzag thru them or turn big circle, on my way out.

HIH

Tom B.

(LongLine)

It's not unusual to find these throughout the season but especially early on before the lake has a chance to stratify. Instead of a thermacline what we see are thermal bars. A mud line attracts all the bait in the area along with the birds & the fish. Anytime I find one of these I'll zig zag through them & usually come up with some good hits. One thing to look out for is the debris. It not only collects scum but logs & all the other garbage in the lake.