Some More Carp Action(picture Heavy)

big-o

I had a couple of friends down from England Tim and Ron, they were here for 2 weeks looking to bag another 50 pound Carp(Tim has a 51.41 pound Carp)I only managed to fish with them one day... as our paths never seem to cross, So here are a few pictures form 5 days of carp fishing...

The first day i was solo... it was cold, raining and the wind was brutal,I got my Camera wet, so i only got a few shots that morning, I took the camera and put in my trucks dash and left the truck running with the heat on and on defrost... it seem to work later that day i was to get some pictures of the guys, after it stopped raining

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave001.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave002.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave004.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave005.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave006.jpg

Met the boys with a freshly dried out Camera, the guys were in to some good fish

Tim on the Rod soon after i arrived

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave020.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave007.jpg

This year joining Tim and Ron was Dave,here's Dave on the rod

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave029.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave030.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave013.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave028.jpg

Ron got into the action

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave023.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave024.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave025.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave031.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave018.jpg

A few more pictures of the boys at work

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave022.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave027.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave034.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave022.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave016.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave014.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave015.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave033.jpg

Time was running short so i had to leave, and when i left the boys were still landing Fish.

Wednesday i did a Solo fish,the big fish were no where to found this day :(

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave036.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave037.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave038.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave039.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave040.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave041.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave042.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave043.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave044.jpg

Thursday I met with the guys from England, we tried a deep water Spot, it may have been the wrong decision, as we only landed a few fish, i had a bad day, i landed only one small fish all day, but the guys did get a few in the upper 20's

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave046.jpg

Carping is like down rigging.... you got to pay attention the the slightest rod tip movement... here is Ron watching those tips

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave047.jpg

and it paid off

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave053.jpg

had a few of these boys pass us during the day

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave049.jpg

This is my set up ,on the Canadian side we are only allowed one rod per angler... on the U.S. side you are allowed 2 rods, so in this picture i have my rod and Dave's

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave057.jpg

Dave finally got in to the action with this monster

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave058.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave059.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave060.jpg

A few random shots

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave056.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave055.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave054.jpg

we packed it up early, as the guys had to replenish their beer supply and had to get the beer store before it closed :beer:

Friday i elected to fish solo again, i wanted to bring my Pup, she has never seen a lake or a river before, and i wasn't sure what to expect... turns out She loves the water... well up to her belly any way :lol:

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave070.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave071.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave067.jpg

My set up for the day

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave069.jpg

fishing was slow, but i did manage to catch up on my sleep waiting for the Bite alarms to go off,and i managed a few fish,again all small Males.

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave065.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave073.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave074.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave075.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave065.jpg

Saturday I had 4 friends Join me, my normal fishing Partner RJ,RJ's co worker Mack , Bill and Brad, Brad had fished carp once and landed 2 fish, his biggest being about nineteen pounds,Bill scoffed at us shore trash :D and had never caught a carp before.Mack has been fishing carp for one year Because it was a Saturday, the good spots for Carp fishing go fast, So I arrived at the Swim around 3:00 am,to make sure we had a spot that could accommodate 5 anglers.It was to dark to set up when i arrived ,so i got all the equipment unpacked and ready, as the light was just starting to get better i fired out my bait, about 5:00 AM my bite alarm went crazy, this fish hit my bait and took off like a freight train... and me with no net :@ During the fight the guys started to arrive and came to my rescue with a net

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave080.jpg

It didn't take long before the boys were on to them,

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave081.jpg

because we were separated I only got a few pictures of the fish that were landed ,here they are in no particular order

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave084.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave083.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave092.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave118.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave125.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave128.jpg

Bill on the rod

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave103.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave105.jpg

His new PB

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave106.jpg

We drew a audience, here RJ is trying to hook into a fish so this young lad could fight one

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave127.jpg

While he was waiting we hooked into 2 fish but both came un pinned and the ladd never got to fight one... hopfuly next time

we also had a vist from a Conservation Officer, Gary Rupert, he was looking for a couple of guys, wandering around with a stringer of out of season Bass :devil: I hope he caught them

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave126.jpg

My Buddy RJ has a knack for catching big fish, and he didn't disappoint me on this day landing the three big fish of the day

rjcarpjun12.jpg

rj2810jun12.jpg

Carpfishingjune62010TimRonDave122.jpg

The day ended for me, i was beat, four straight days of being on the road at 4:00AM and earlier had taken their toll on me i left around 5:00pm, when i left Mack and RJ were the only 2 left... and they were still getting fish...I know i have said this before, but I'll say it again, if you have never tried to fish carp... you should, it's a great social Sport, the fish put up a unbelievable fight, the social aspect is second to none.

Thanks for looking

Phil

Phil -

That may be the most detailed and photographic report we have ever had on LOU! Congrats on the great fishing and thanks for sharing! :clap::yes:

Chad

Thanks Chad

This question may be out there, but do you use corn to catch them?! I have been doing a little fishing in the erie canal for them in the rochester area and I'm not having too much luck thus far. Do you have a special set-up?!

Andy

Andy

First of all do you see any Carp in the area you want to fish,are they jumping??? if they are, get some corn and throw it out in the area you want to fish, a day or two before you fish if possible, this will attract feeding Carp.The corn i use is just feed corn, I buy it for about 12.00 for 50 pounds, I fill a 5 gallon pail about 3/4 the way up with the corn then pour boiling water over it till the water is up to the top of the pail,cover with a lid. the corn will soak up all the water,check the corn if all the water is soaked up top it up again, You can add drink crystals sugar, molasses or nothing ;) . when you are pre baiting make sure you spread the corn out liberly in the area you want to fish.

The best way to attach your corn to a hook is with a hair rig

check the link out on how to tie one

http://www.carpkrazy.com/carp-rigs.html

They are using a boilee, I use field corn, I put 3 kernels of corn on the hair, a piece of tooth pick slid threw the loop at the end of the hair,pust the corn up tight against the tooth pick ,cut the tooth pick ends off so the tooth pick is about 1/2 the size of the kernel. tie the hook link to a three way swivel, the other end to your main line and with the remaining eye on the three way ,a 1 to 2 once weight(lighter if you are fishing water with no current) . Once this is done cast the rig out to your bait pile if you are sing a bait runner reel set the bait runner to free spool, if you don't have a bait runner back of the drag.. I mean back it off,if you don't you can kiss your rod and reel good by :lol: throw more corn out ,I bait every 1/2 hour and after ever fish caught, since you wont have bite alarm use a long"Y" shape stick about 24 inches long will do, push the end of the stick deep into the ground, now you have a place to rest the rod, grab a chair sit back and relax... but never go to far away from your rod, a big fish will spool your reel in a flash. once you See the rod tip starting to bounce and the reel starts to free spool, pick up the rod and slowly tighten up the drag.. not to tight or it will snap your line, then you fight it, and believe me even small fish battle you hard, Smaller fish always seem to head to shore or weeds, giving short burst of drag screaming runs,big fish normally stay out and have a slower steady pull... up till they see you.. and they will be gone, you don't normally have to set the hook, the way the hair rig is designed is that once the fish picks up your bait, it will start to swim away with it,but when they feel the weight they turn and bolt away, and that will set the hook in the corner of their mouths or in the bottom of the lip. almost for got, use the best hook and the sharpest hook you can buy... I use a # 4 boilee hook, the hooks don't have to be big. this is a very basic set up that will work, check out Carp Anglers Group Web site for more info . http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/i ... 86&act=idx

Hope this Helps

Phil