Species Breakdown:5 kings, 1 rainbow, 1 20 lb 6 oz Atlantic

Hot Lure: Michigan Stinger Gator

Down Speed: ???

Boat Depth: 40 to 90

Lure Depth:Everywhere in between.

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS n

====================

After observing for the pro/am at Pont Breeze I had a job to do for a test and review of a new product for jet pump motors and fished Oswego. Last Wednesday and Thursday were a wash and I was happy to see the weather turn good the past couple of days. I fished Monday landing two juvenile browns. Was going to head home, but decided to get an early start Tuesday. Started in 40 feet where I caught the browns only to end up staying out of the way of the big boats. There was a crowd east of the nine mile and more boats coming as the morning wore on. The first skippy was caught in 60 feet of water halfway down on a Hi Tech. I worked the water from sixty to eighty on a northwest southwest line quartering the waves. Picked a legal king on the return to where I caught the first. Working that water I picked up 2 more juniors and a rainbow that was FAT but just shy of 21"

I then proceeded to run out of gas. Filling the motor tank with gas on board I ran back to eighty feet where I did the trout. It was not long after heading a little deeper toward the port when the Atlantic hit! This fish hammered it and it was off to the races. He took off and ran a good way then jumped out of the water and tail danced a bit. I gained some control with the Big Game 12# test and got him coming my way. I gave it the line whenever it wanted it and slow but sure got it to the boat. Unfortunately, it was not for long. Being in a low boat in such clear water the fish reacted like a deer as we made eye contact and ran like hell!!!! It made a ruckus on top but didn't get on its tail. Once again, I worked the fish to the boat only to get the net hung up on the keeper knob of my Bimini top. The net let lose and fell on the gunnel with a bang. The fish didn't like that and took off again. One more time I worked it to the boat. It was getting as tired as I was nervous. I got it to the front and went to turn it back into the net, but missed. It ended up under the boat and it was all I could do to get it back. I thought sure the rigger wire on the other side was going to play the role of the devil. Finally, it was alongside and in the net.

Of all the different fish that I caught in my lifetime this was my Moby Dick. Everything they say of these Atlantic Salmon is true. I can't put to words the excitement of such a battle. I don't know had it got away if I would have turned into Ahab, but I do know I would have cried. Just as I did after squeezing it into my live well. All the boats were gone. The Jet Wing worked like a charm as I trolled back to Wright's catching another skipper on the way and losing 1 more.

jiqiS.jpg

Way to go at osweago ,wish we could of found more fish at the oak for you to play with prefishing.. and for the derby....

Thanks for hanging in their sunday after a not too good day saturday once you laid down the chumline they said the catching picked up like crazy... :lol:

that was my first trip outa the oak for the year and a bit dissapointing to say the least , time of year and a little wind can make a hudge difference for my "normal spots"..

Thanks again ,TEAM pegasus

:$

Congrats. It's seems like a fair amount of Atlantics being taken this year. I am still looking to hook inot and land my first. That's the only subspecies that I have yet to catch.

Thanks for all the applause guys! I am still a bit pumped from catching this fish in my boat. It is too bad that the lake is just a tad far to run on a regular basis. The fishery is something special. I'll certainly get up there to try again. I can't thank those Captain's enough who have given me valuable advice on what it takes to catch these fish. From observing I found each have their own way of doing things with a few tricks up their sleeve. What they all have in common is a passion for the art and the willingness to share. For that I am ever so grateful.