flies

Hey Yukon, If you need some help feel free to give me a call 616 233 0618, I will be more than happy to help you out. As far as where to buy check all the places mentioned above. Not everyone has the same stuff and some might have some of the stuff but not others. Even if you dont buy from us, we are still happy to help, the weeniedogs are sick of me talking to them, Big Weenie

• 1 month later...

I got my banded mylar material from Siggs Riggs. My flies catch just as many as any pre- manufactured and I get more satisfaction out of something I made myself. Nice list of other places I am going to check them out. I have tried some other materials and am a big fly fisherman so I have tried other stuff but stick with the banded material its the easiest. They are too easy to tie not to try it yourself. Good Luck

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I used siggs riggs once. Used Purple taco once. PT shipping was ridiculously slow.

But the next time I buy it will be from Big Weenie. he is of great help over the phone if you have questions. Plus he is very free about close up shots of his current flies. So my vote is Big Weenie.

Plus purple taco, nothing came labeled as to what color it was actually called. So it makes it hard to remember what components went in to each fly variety.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Weenie has a bunch of supplies that you can order online. I ordered the materials and tied some this past weekend for the first time. It's fairly easy to do and fun as well. Looking forward to catching some on the ones I tied myself. That will be a while since I'm on the east end of the lake and they salmon tend not to show up up mid summer. Good luck and enjoy.

trollingflies.jpg