Help for Sunday - Sandy Creek

Hey guys!

I need your recomendations for Sandy Creek this Sunday. I'm a newbie to LO trolling just got my boat in April (21ft Sundowner with 2 downriggers and trolling bags)and I have been out 3 times and have gotten skunked (Rochester, Braddoks and Point Breeze) except for a 10lb Brown early part of May. Me, my wife, Mom and Dad (visit from Utah) chartered with Jerry from Rebel last year and my wife had an absolute blast (her first time trolling). She doesn't go out with me a lot but I really appreciate it when she does come. I don't want to dissappoint her this Sunday. So this is were I need some recomendations....it will be my first time putting in at Sandy Creek so if any of you have any suggestions of where to go, how deep, what to use I would really appreciate it!

Thanks you,

Scott

Watch this board close on Saturday and you should get some better ideas. Probably not a lot of guys fishing until tomorrow. I've heard rumors of a decent steelhead bite from 300 fow and deeper the last few days.

just watch the depth of water, and rigger depths. You might consider scatching the parachutes. probably holding you too slow. you want to be going 2-1/2- 3 over ground on your GPS. if you have a paddle wheel, or even better down speed, you will want to keep those at about the same speed. Watch your rigger cables for any wierd currents down there. (if your cables are swinging to the side while your going straight thats a pretty good sign things arent right down below). Sounds like flasher/ flies are the hot setup out that way. Get out to 130ft. and set the riggers about 80 ft. down. Run a white e-chip, or spin doctor, with a white or green fly. On the other rigger run a black/green glow nk 28. Put sliders down in case the steelies are feisty. You will also SERIOUSLY want to consider a couple wire lines. (i call em lead core for deep fish). Keep the lures running right, and the fish will be there.

Fished Sandy also Sat.Mixed bag of Kings,Cohos and Steelheads.West wind came up around noon ,and down temp came up.Between Pump house and Devils nose.350ft.to 400ft.65 to 90 ft. down on the riggers,wire divers out 270-320on 2.5 set.spoons were dreamweaver ss.Wire bite was hot with white and green nuclear spinnys.Note of caution very strong currents in the pm. Good luck and be safe!

Thanks to everyone and your recommendations I really appreciated it :$:$ . As result my wife had a blast and I did not get to sit down but 5 mins. The end result was 4 for 4 in just over 2 hours...3 kings (6-8lbs) and Steelhead (8 Lbs).