Scotch Bonnet Lighthouse Island

They turned the light on at the Scotch Bonnet Light House Island today. The guys were out pre-fishing for the Central Lake Ontario Sport Angler’s annual Salmon Search tournament this weekend.

Salmon King ( Kingsley Hawes) and Capt. Roger McKnight were in tight at the Bonnet and having a good morning. 80 to 100 fow. They boated a 24, 21 and 12 lb. king not counting the numerous releases and 2 break offs. Charter boat skipper Ian Scrimshaw was aboard with Bernie Raymond on the Cranberry. They had been fishing out farther and King called them in to his location. Within a few minutes they doubled up on a RAC blueberry muffin and a Deathwish spinnie and fly combo. Ian boated a very respectable 29.4 lb. king. I guess it gave him a hell of a scrap. The weather was much better today than forecast and the half dozen boats out, had a very comfortable ride. Also, the forecast is much better for the rest of the weekend. A little rain but the thunder storms have been removed and the wind forecast has diminished.

Our team is up against a bunch of very savvy salmon anglers. Some with 25 years of experience or more. I like this competition much better, before the kings showed up at the Bonnet. Everyone knows how to fish that island. It was a spoon & spinnie-fly bite today. The Rockets were not working. At least that is what I was told and I would have to believe them. Hmmmmm !!!

Well, I’ve got the Rocketman with me tomorrow and if he can’t get them going nobody can.

But then again those dudes today were not running down temp & speed. The severe currents at the Bonnet play a big part in the presentation. I’ll report tomorrow evening on the day’s activities.

Oh by the way, the other fish in that double was a 35.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bonnet is hot 2 weeks early. The 2 fish were weighed on several scales.

Congrats Bernie & Ian.

Later

Trannyman out.

P.S. Sorry no pics, I was at work.

Tom we're getting closer to that 40 :D:D:D

(:

It'll happen Al, it'll happen

ANYBODY that wants side-bet action just let me know, I have a crispy $5 Amercian bill in my front pocket that wants to prove you wrong !!!

LMAO

Nice report Al, I am sworn to secrecy but I know of more than one group of anglers who would beg to differ with you about them Rockets !!!

They be working......

Again sweet report

See you soon

Tom

Nice....thanks for the report Al. Good luck to you and Mike going for that 3 peat :yes::yes: Looking forward to the follow up report.

I know my team will be working the MC Rockets hard in the A-Tom-Mik challenge as long as Mother nature get over her bad attitude

Go get em boys :clap:

Thanks Rod,

Beauty day on the water. A little chop this am, but flattened out a bit with a 2 to 3 foot roll.

We managed a brown, laker, 2 bows and 3 kings. not a stellar day but better than a lot of guys.

I thru my plan out the window and went to where the guys got the Kings yesterday. Mistake, should have stuck with my original location. You would think that somebody as old as I am would know better.

The Bonnet is a big magnet for most.

We don't know where we are in the standings but I think the top 5.

Good luck in the Atommik Challenge.

Al