Hemlock 6/19/10 Big Brown Picture

Hit Hemlock this morning with a good friend Steve, who I had been trying to get out with for a while......shouldn't be a problem now!! Fished from 5:30-10:30 a.m..Did 1-Small-mouth about 3 Lbs, 2-Rainbows one at 3 and one at 5 Lbs. and a 21 Lb.-4 oz. Brown . We ran the 40-50' foot range for a while but the fish seemed sparse, dropped out over the 70-90' range and this fella hit the slider with the ball down 60' handed the rod to Steve and the fight was on 15 minutes later he was on the bottom of the boat! Ran the regular orange and white spoon program...

Happy Father's Day!!!

Chuck

u477J.jpg

u4eC9.jpg

7oD6J.jpg

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words!! I would agree completely that it is a very special fish and even more fitting that it came from a very special lake! I have always thought that Hemlock is a real salad bar for anything that swims in there, which I think, adds to the difficulty of the way that it fishes! I would hate to think it is a once in a life time, but it definitely will rank right near the top!! Steve dropped it off at Lake Country Taxidermy in Williamson on Sunday morning...I am hoping to work out with some type of custody agreement with visitation when he gets it back! One more shot which is attached that really shows the size of the fish!!

Good Luck to All!!!

Chuck

Umk6S.jpg

Chuck,

I went in and did some color edits for you! I know you wanted the nice 6-pack stomach, but that could have melted down my Mac...(probably shouldn't have said that)...

Chuck got me on the radio just after they hooked up, I had 2 other guys in the boat with me and I was about a half mile south of Chuck while they were wrestling him in. We dropped a good heavy fish right of the bat, then Chuck is back on the radio going "holy @@@@, your not going to believe the size of this @@@@ fish!!!" Sure enough, he heads south and I head north, as we passed within 50 yards of each other he holds up what appears to be a blow up fish...Needless to say, it was very cool to talk to them while everything was unfolding...And, of course the 2 new guys on my boat had never been in Hemlock...now I don't think I can get rid of them after seeing all of that!!! :rofl:

So I'll just glomm on Chuck's post for now...Similar program to Chuck, 2 riggers with sliders, 2 dipseys, 1 lead core off a planer and a firewire planer on the surface. Went 7 for 10 for the day, 3 nice smallies, 1 bow, 3 lakers and 1 nice eye! Not a bad day considering Chuck threw down the dam gauntlet!!!

Sunday went 2 for 2, both lakers, 3.5 pounder and a 8.5 pounder.

WELL DONE CHUCK!!!

Anyhoo, enjoy the late pics all!!!

hnL1J.jpg

1Ksj9.jpg

Fx7KS.jpg