23-25ft boat

DEFIANCE1

Ive just started to search for a new boat that Im hoping to purchase within the next year. What Im looking for is something that has an open stern area (no motor box). Is there any boats under 25 feet without outboards that dont have a motor box? It seems that once you get into the 26ft+ you start to see the motors under the floor and the rear deck open. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for the input guys. Gives me some options to look at. Like I said I have just started the search for a new boat. So it seems like the doghouse is not so bad. I might just think this because I have a 22ft starcraft with a 7.5 beam it doesnt leave much room on each side for rigging. While searching for boats I came across this Tiara, doesnt this sound really cheap for a 1992? http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1992- ... S-96801554

For some more info, this boat will be for part time chartering (just got my license) but I would still like to be able to trailer it once in awhile for tournaments and trips to 1000 islands.

My last boat was about what you are looking for. It was a 21.5 seaswirl hardtop with a doghouse. I liked the boat and caught a lot of fish from it, but I always thought the doghouse was a pain. I went to a 27 foot Searay Amberjack with no doghouse and I personally would never consider another boat with a doghouse again. Just my opinion