Tekota 600 or 700 for a wire dipsey rig?

So my father surprised me for my birthday with a Tekota 700LC for my wire dipsey rod... my question now is it's pretty big, would I be better off exchanging it for a 600LC?

Do you guys prefer the 600 or 700 for your wires?

Nick

The 700LC will give you more torque. This is the model that Best Chance Too use on their boat for wire & divers, because of the higher torque. Best is to fill the reel with mono and install your 1000' of wire over it. They use 40 lbs 7 strand wire, silver color.

The 600lc is doing a great job too (this is what I use personaly, with 30 lbs 7 strand, camo color).

J-F

I ended up exchanging the 700 for a 600 and $50 gift card, which will be used towards another 600 for the other side of the boat. The 700 was a pretty reel, but it was pretty big. I kinda wish they had a 650 or something in between.

Nick

600 will take 1000' of 30# wire nicely, just make sure you wrap some mono or some electrical tape on the spool before winding the wire on.

Not needed on a Tekota. They have a little stud in the center of the spool that you attach your line to. This prevents any slippage, and allows you to spool wire on tightly.