Surface Temp: 60

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): between 47 and 50 west

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: very many

Total Boated:14

Species Breakdown:8 steelhead,3 kings,3 cohos

Hot Lure:high up anything orange(DW SS) spoons,green spin doctors with green/white flies + one snagged shad

Trolling Speed: 2.5 -3.00

Down Speed: 2.3-3.4

Boat Depth: 150-200

Lure Depth: 20/35/50/70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

After all the hot reports out of the West end and Rochester still being very iffy We took off out of Rochester at 3.30 in the morning and drove the eighty miles to Wilson Park.We launched and enjoyed the sunrise while setting our lines out in 50 foot where the screen was wall to wall fish.We picked up some small bites and one Coho,but that is not what we came for.So out we went to 200 hundred feet where we saw a few local charter boats.We fished with planer boards that had copper about 150 feet out on one side and lead core 6 colors on the other.The copper running an orange dream weaver with white fish bone pattern and the leadcore with a yellow flasher with a yellow spoon.Both had constant hits but they had no hookups of anything keepable .We snagged some baitfish running through a pod and lowered it on the down rigger behind an e-chip dodger at roughly sixty foot where the water temp went down to 53 .It took about one minute and the first king was on. A nice 15 pounder. So it went on with plenty of light hits,mostly on the free sliders.but only the big steelheads hit those hard enough for the hooks to set.Around 11 we had to bring the planer boards in because of the wave action and we ran the copper and the lead just from the sides,which made for the mother of all knots and while we tried to undo the mess the copper got around the prop and stopped the engine.So I went for a swim with my plyers and solved that problem.

This trip was not uneventful but in spite of the troubles we had a fantastic time.I think I will be back next Friday,unless Rochester heats up.

Cornelis.

====================

glad to see you got into a few Cornelis

I think I have you guys to thank for the ideas and the coordinates.

We started exactly where the Spoonfed started on the Pro-Am.

Way to go Cornelis. That knot job must have been nuts to untie.

It was no big deal.I used the same system that Alexander the Great used when he had to deal with the Gordian Knot.

The only difference being that he used a sword and I used scissors.