Albright Knot ?

Hmmm never had that happen. Im sure your tying it right.

the only thing I can think of is the half loop you make with the copper is not tight/narrow enough. I twist the strands of the copper as tight as they will go at the point where the knot will be tied, like the last 4 inched of copper. That will tighten the diameter of the copper, this gives you a more nannow loop to run the mono through, and the mono snugs up against it better.

I'm pretty sure I'm tying right . It seems when the knot goes throught the rod guide and reel the mono tag end gets pushed back through the loop in the copper . Maybe my loop on the copper need be smaller ?

Thanks !!!

GHJIr.jpg

I usually use a drop of superglue on my knots,specially on spectra and other super braids.It strengthens the knot and lessens the resistance when going through the guides.

Jack,

Try these video tips from Fishdoctorcharters (look at the Rigging copper reels link) - they're awesome and the link for rigging your copper using an in-line swivel is great. It's a Palomar on the mono end and a Haywire on the Copper end.

http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/templ ... ctor=video

Good luck,

- Chris

Chris , I think we were typing at the same time.

I have heard people say they don't like to use a swivel because the copper can't flex like when tied directly to the line and will break at the swivel. Have you ever had this problem ?

Thanks JT

JT,

I've never had this problem and I use copper all the time. The only problem I've ever had is when I'm letting out line, occasionally the swivel will hang up on the rod guides and if you're not paying attention it will backlash on the reel and you'll have an instant mess.

Otherwise, I've always used an in-line swivel b/c I've always been scared that the knot will slip when tying mono to copper using an albright.

Good luck,

- Chris