Alewives done w/ spawn on Cayuga?

I have not been able to get out since June 2cd. At that point it seemed as though the spawn was still in progress (I thought at that point it was winding down). I'm figuring the alewife spawn is done & over at this point but I'm curious if anyone knows where things are at? Hoping to get back on the water Sun. Thanks! -Andy

I was also wondering were I might find some saw bellies for bait,last thursday I fished taughnock falls,and found them in the marina area around noon time dark overcast windy day, I was back yesterday same time and there were none to be had, also went to long point state park none there, an stopped at deans cove to be spyed on by the DEC there.

I was curious if any one knew for sure that the bait is there(taughnock) early mourning when the sun comes up and they leave afterwards when they feel threatened...I recall someone explaining this to me but it was a few years ago an Im not 100% sure... can somebody plz send me a pm were and what time I need to be there with out boat thank you

They start to spawn when the water temp hits 52 but can tolerate temperatures up to 70. When that shallow water near shore warms up they will be out and down by the T-Cline. Or if you get some wind that pulls the warm water into shore it will move them out. I have had that happen by taughock a time or two you will have temps at the bottom that are 65 to 70. Sean