New downriggers

First timer, will do electric, want two for the stern and one each for port and starbord, Walker, BJ, Scotty, or Cannon. Like to have some serious input for you. I have read past posts but am interested in temp at the ball that walker offers. Are other ways less or more effective and which temp systems are the best . Belt driver vs gear, auto stop or not, single rod holders off the stern and doubles on the sides ? Five foot booms off the stern for outboard well reasons and fout foot off the sides or two foot off the sides ?

Positive Ion , I understand its adjustable but is it on all the brands ? Whats with 20 lb wts. everything I read says 8-12 depending on depth. Current on the lower reaches is that much a factor ?

Thanks

Gene

walkers will only give you temp not speed,best to have individual items to do individual jobs,all big name riggers have pros and cons sure you will get many opinions here, best to see which suits your style the best. like the difference between ford and chevy. some are a lil pricery then others also.try to fish with a few people that have the different riggers and see which you like the best. most riggers are made to handle 12 pound balls, the heavy duty models will handle heavier balls but cost more also. if you are new to the game best to do some research first. many knowledgable people on this site including captains that are out there every day and probly have seen it all and done it all. just my two cents. have fun ;);)