Low Transom Lund

Hey all!

Looking for some advice on a Lund 1890 pro tournament V boat. Mid nineties, 150 hp,9.9 kicker, downriggers , no windshield BUT transom is 20 inches, sidewalls might hit 24-28" Thats a lot of weight in the back when you throw in a fisherman or two! I saw there was 23 pages of Lund postings but have an idea this might be quicker. I imagine this boat would be okay in windless water but how about a good breeze? Would I wind up on the bottom of Lake O with the low transom? I have experience in the past from rigging with a Bluefin-when it would start(lol). Its a decent looking buy from a pictures view,priced right and I have to stick under 3500 pounds tow weight. I'm a newbie to the sight and my first post on this same topic got lost somewhere so excuse if it shows up somewhere else. Appreciate any feedback,outofsight,outofmind

Just want to find out if it has a motor well. If so I would say there shouldn't be a problem. I know my buddy has a 19' Starcraft Islander that the water line is no more then 3-4" below the top of the transom. If waves start coming "in" they just splash in the motor well and that's it. As far as the wind... Yeah, you're going to get blown around, it is after all a light weight aluminum. That's a double edged sword, you can get blown around on windy days, but with the lighter weight you can plane out easier and with that 150 should have a good top speed. My buddy has problems turning in good winds, but his only has a 115 and the top speed is just under 40mph.

One thing I would suggest is to take it for a ride before you buy, and make sure everything is alright.

The standard transom height for years on most aluminum boats in the 17-19 range has been 20 inches. And there are many Lunds in service across the Great Lakes and some 17's with 150 hp on it. As long as there is some type of splash well, this should not be a problem.