Effect of Earthquake on Fishing

Everyday, something always happen. Just like the recent earthquake we had about half hour ago. Such a rarity.

I just wonder if earthquake helps us catch more fish or this might scare away the fish from our lures. Maybe there is no effect at all.

Perhaps, this is a sign from above. Or this could be caused by someone dancing on the boat somewhere in the big Lake O.

I am sure Stan our LOU friend from California has experienced this from time to time. Perhaps, Stan would like to chime in.

Gentlemen,

We didn't feel anything here in our office in Penfield, but we heard about it. As far as a tsunami - man that would be terrible.

A few years ago I watched a special on "rogue" waves in the great lakes and I remember they talked about one possibility could be from earthquakes......

Always something....

- Chris

Actually YES! There is an old, inactive fault that runs under lake O, that if it becomes active again, and a large amount of mass is moved upward or downward, the resultant displacement in water would create a tsunami around the lake. I don't know what the maximum extent would be, however it would/could be significant!

The EQ today had my walls swaying and created waves in my fish tank here in Wolcott!! Wild!

Good!!! With any luck the shelf will have raised and brought the water level up with it!!! I know I could certainitly use another foot or so. Be careful when you guys come for the Wayne Pro Am... water levels in the bay have gotten very very low!

Nick

My daughter said that they felt it where she works in Northampton Massachusetts.(western Ma.).Several years ago,when on a fishing trip we had one wake us up around 1:00 am while sleeping in Fairhaven NY.

I can't remember if we fished that day,but I seem to remember poor fishing.