Kicker Motor Mount on swim platform?

S * K

Does anyone have any suggestions for a kicker motor bracket that I can mount on my swimplatform. I bought one but after I put the motor on it I realized I am only about 4 inches in the water. I need some kind of dropdown one. I found one on this website Ocean Marine systems but I am looking for other ideas. I am mounting 2 stroke johnson weight about 100pds guessing. I can get creative and mount something on the mount I already have but I don't know if it takes some of the strength out of it and we all know the pounding its going to get back there.

Suggestions appreciated

I would have to agree with goin deep, realy need to know how long the motor is. Reason is if you are trying to put a short shaft on, it just won't work. Second, I would not want to "add" anything to the brackets you are talking about. They are flimsy and the further you move the motor from the boat the more torque is on the mounting. We just bought a boat that has a platform, first one in 10 years. In order to put our 8hp Yamaha 4-stroke on I made a bracket out of 3/8" stainless plate that not only mounted to the platform but bolted throught the transom of the boat. Even with that there is still some flex while running.

Another thing that would be nice to know it how high is the platform out of the water. It is best measured when the boat is at the dock, nice and calm.

thanks for the suggestions -- I have a long shaft johnson and to be honest of have measured it like 2 times not in the water on the boat and it seems to barely hit the water line on my boat. First time out this year and I didn't want to experiment with messing around with it. I took another measurement and had close to full tank of gas and another 220 pd body and I think it dropped me a littler closer. I am going to have to put her on and give it a shot to see where i am at with the current bracket. I honestly still think I am going to need the drop down customer mount.

I appreciate the feed back. I got stuck about 8 miles out last year luckily I was still moving but slow and it turned out to be the fuel filter on the carberator. I swore never to go out again without a back up.

Here's a point you may want to consider; the farther back you mount the kicker, the harder it's going to be to link it to the I/O so you can steer from the wheel. What happens is that the farther back the kicker is, the more the link arm is moving mostly front to back instead of side to side so it becomes difficult to synchronize the two motors for steering purposes. Just my 2 cents & good luck!

I'm using the Adventure Marine bracket with a long shaft 9.9 Yamaha on my Pro-Line 25 Walk. Happy with how it sets on outboard/swim platform bracket. Steering ties in to hydraulic steering on my Evinrude. Has plenty of prop in the water. Not sure how it would work with an i/o - little tougher to figure out steering geometry.