Rocket Launchers

C3M

Im looking into adding rocket launchers to my boat. I was wondering what the general census is, metal or plastic and also a reputable dealer or manufacturer in the area. Thanks

Hard top or soft top? I had a set made for my hard top when I had my Penn Yan. I went to my electrical supplier, got a ten foot length of 1.5" aluminum conduit, cut it up in ten pieces (for a ten rod rack) with an angle on one end of each piece so that they would tip back towards the stern. Then I took those pieces to a friend who did aluminum welding. He got me a piece of flat aluminum bar like 3 inches wide by the width of my hard top. He welded all ten pipes on that flat bar and I bolted it to the boat. It cost me way less than buying one. Just have to drill a small hole through the weld at the base of each pipe so the rain can drain out. Honest, of all my pictures, this is the one that shows the rocket launcher the best. I wasn't trying to show off the salmon my client caught.

pqsu0.jpg

Well first off nice fish! I like your set up off the hardtop it looks solid but i do have a softop so im looking to support my set up via side mounts. In saying that do you feel 1.5" aluminum would be strong enough?

look at great lake planers they make good products and have been extremely satisfied with our rocket launcher

I'll put in another vote for Great Lakes Planers. High quality products!!!

Micky Finn I Did the EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY the samething you did ,down to the holes in the bottom. Got the pipe in Roch At some wire joint off 490 by Monroe (can see from expressway). Cut angles w/ my power mitre box . was about 60 bucks tops & works great.

As far as the 1.5" being strong enough, ny friend just had one custom built from 2" with an 1/8" wall thickness and I thought it was way to much overkill. He had to modify all his mounting breackets for stock Big Jon rod holders to fit on the tubing... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Built mine from 1 1/2 and 2" 6061 1/8" wall tubing I purchased from Pacemaker-Millar, Utica.

8 rod holder launcher, 4 bird trees, 2 net holders, Big Jon pulley mounts, and front/rear facing lights/mounts.

If you folks make these yourselves, machine a drain hole/notch in each.

Total cost, 240.00.

Scott