Brooke!

I am glad to see you found us here on Lake Ontario United (LOU)! It was great getting to meet you at the last tournament and thank you again for taking the time to post the picture! I know I have told many people about your personal best fish and the size of the head on it! :clap::clap::yes::yes:

Thank you again for sharing and welcome aboard LOU!

Hope to see you again on the water.

Tight lines,

Chad

it was nice to talk to you on saturday. did everyone at work believe you when you told them you got a monster. i was the one saying it had a head the size of a shovel! good job again. neat story about how this fish was caught but i will let brooke tell her story!

Yes, everyone believed me, as they were more interested intelling me how ugly it was and saying OMG it is huge! I got a 5X7 pic developed before we came home.

My story: we were trolling it was about 1pm and sice 6am all we had was 1 hit, and no hook up. Anyways, I am usually the driver and hubby tends the lines and if trolling we take turns if we get a hit. So the weeds were bad this day, and I volunteered to clean poles for awhile. I picked up one and it was covered so I started banging it in the water to get the weeds off the pole before I started reeling-he is saying take it easy on my poles, so then I started just swishing it back and forth in the warter to get the rest of the weeds off. Then I started reeling, maybe 3 or 4 turns and I felt something grab and started screaming we got a fish!!!! I told him it felt heavy and I just reeled and reeled till it was at the boat, I was not letting off..

I have to say this was truly one of the most exciting days of my life!

Zach are you the one getting married, or theone going back to Chautauqua? Please tell me the young ladies name and the other guy at the table.

Thank you for letting me share my fish and my story!

i may be getting married but no plans yet. i believe you where talking to chad or someone else. congrats again. i was toying w/ the idea of going back this weekend but i think i will be at waneta! i bet you still have a smile on your face today after that rush!

Brooke -

Thanks for sharing the story - I can only imagine how exciting that must have been!

Katherine and I (Chad) will be getting married on Oct. 2nd this year at Belhurst....... the same day as the next scheduled tournament! I might need to call in a sub then.... (but for which event is still to be determined :lol: )

Chad

Brooke,

It was great meeting you last weekend and getting to see the excitement of you getting second in the tournament. That picture is still amazing to look at. Now that it is on LOU, I will have to send a bunch of people to take a look at the size of it. :yes::o:yes:

I was the other person sitting at the picnic table during the awards party. I was sitting with Chad and Katie (the two getting married this fall).

Welcome to the site.

--Joe

P.S. - Chad: Good luck with finding a sub! If you do, find one for me also ;)