Trying to figure out who made them

So I have a buddy that got a TON of lures at an auction, most look like the were found by beachcombing. Some nice stuff, a lot of junk. There was one crankbait in there, well a lot of them, that I know were big back in the 80's but for the life of me I can't remember who made them. A breif decription: They are small, like the size of a B1 Bagley. They are all plastic and on the top and bottom there are little holes, for a rattle or whistle? I guess the other question is does anyone still use them. He has a ton and I'd hate to see him sell them on eBay for peanuts if they are usefull.

thats shaped most like a "Mann's " deep pig,,from Eufaula ,AL.

"Bomber"" also made a "Model-A' med. and deep runner. fram GAINSVILLE TX

" CORMORAM" Has A " My Plug" version that took the 1992 B.A.S.S. classic by Robert Hamlin Jr...

Then their is the "COTTON CORDELL" version alled the "Big O" series ,made in Hot Springs ,AR.

thats all that comes to mind right off the bat without thinking about it.

The body shape and lip configuration suggest a Bill Norman plug. "May" have been made by Cotton Cordell. I've got a bunch of em from my Erie Coho Days. Still a great fall steelhead plug.

I just checked my stash of old plugs and I thnk what you have there is a Blakemore. Another Erie steelhead "go-to" bait.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks very much like a Storm Wiggle Wart, but what is throwing me is the holes for a rattle or a whistle. I know there were variations of the Wart with different bills, but I never saw any with the holes. The flat part of the bill before turning down is rare, also. Almost all of this type of lure have a bill that runs straight whether it be deep or shallow.

The style of lure catches fish for sure. They are right in line with Hot Shots and Hot n Tots for rainbows. Some like them with rattles, but I find that silence is golden when using these for trout. Not a problem for walleye.

• 2 weeks later...

Strictly going by the molded texture on the side of the plug (second pic), I belive it's a mid-80's early 90's Cordell. I have a few shallow running jointed Cordells from back in the early 90's that have the same molded "cross hatch" texture on the plug. Only other plugs that I recall having that mold pattern were Rebel fastraks....

Deep Bomber Fat A had smooth sides, dunno about the others tho....

• 4 weeks later...

I used to sell those plugs and I can tell you that 100% for sure those are Blakemore lures. Same company that makes the famous RoadRunner Jigs. Was a rep for them, several years back. Still have some sitting around here somewhere.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png