Pro/am questions for dummies

All his talk has gotten me ready to enter my first Pro Am. I am entering the Oswego as long as I can get my team together,but have some stupid questions, as I have yet to participate in anything but the loc.

After reading the Am rules, my questions are:

1) Must you be in the oswego harbor with your boat each morning? If so, do you guys from Mexico bay area boat there in the morning, get dockage, trailer....what's best?

2) If my observer were to back out, or if I fail to get one, would I be unable to participate?

3) There is a 6 rod limit. Are cheaters allowed on the riggers? I'm reading 6 rods, not 6 lures. Would that be correct?

Thanks for any help with these quesions!

Rod

you can moter in from canadajust have to be at spacific port for that day of derby leave and arrive (i think),,,,,,,,,,,if yur observer backs one of your crew must fill in for him,,,,,,,,,sliders should be allowed as it does not go against nys fish rules unless you run 2 tripple trebble sticks (15 point rule) per line or rod, call the number for correct answers.. me justa plummer..

Fish Tales

You can leave from either Mexico or Oswego. You must return to the port you departed from and the boat can not leave again. You choose what port you want to depart from. Keep in mind that all fish are weighed in Oswego. When you return to port your fishing is done for the day, from another boat or dock, casting, trolling or what ever. Trailering is not permitted.

Your observer must be present before your team can leave port. If a no show, you must replace him/her by either dropping a fishing team member or providing someone else. If you drop afishing team member obviously you must give up rods by law. Usually there are individuals who sign up to be observers in case a team can not provide their own. Usually a tip is given in this case. You can contact the tournament committee at the pre-fish meeting.

Cheaters are allowed within state laws.

As a long time Pro/Am participant, fishing with Team Rebel,I think you will find that the tournament is well run and challenging.

Best of Luck

I have a question on the trailering aspect. Can I not trailer the boat to the public launch on the little salmon if I have not found a marina by then? Why would that not be okay? I understand I'd then be running to Oswego via auto for the wiegh-in.

Thanks

Rod

Rod, the intent is to ensure the boat does not leave the habor in an attempt to scout new water. In this way helps to have a level playing field for all participants.

Thanks Pat, I guess I'll call to get this trailer/port rule explained to me. I don't see anything in the rules saying I can't trailer the boat to and from the port, which in this case would be mexico. I just want to know my options, that's all. If Mikes Marina has any open slips left, I may be there by then anyway.

At any rate, It looks like we have a team.

Rod

Rod, apparently the rules have changed. While in Olcott this past weekend fishing the Pro/Am, I noticed a couple amature boats being launched in the morning and then being put on trailers at the end of the day.

I would still contact the Oswego tournament committe for their ruling.

Our team, fishing under Rebel Charters, finished 11th out of the 27 Pro boats entered.

Thank you Pat. I did talk with Dave Turner today and he said trailering is fine, as long as you are tied up to the bulkhead until the allowed time of departure.

I think we're going to slip in Oswego at Wrights, just to make it easier, but It's nice to know all the options.

Rod