Owasco Lake

Went out on Owasco today for the first time, it was short due to rain. Launched out of the south at South Shore Marina. Tried a few points on the west side for bass and perch but no luck. Can anyone give some input on locations on the south end? Looking for some tips on what colors and what types of lures to try also.

Thanks

from the weeds in. It will get tougher to deal with the weeds as time goes on, but those spawned out females are up in the shallow water. If the moss and weeds are too much, try not letting the jig go all the way to the bottom. I also have good luck throwing the smallest stickbaits you can buy. This allows you to stay above the moss. Good luck!

I mainly fish for the trout when i make a trip up there. But if its a good day and I limit out early I head to the shore and fish for perch.

I only use white mr twisters 1.5" to 2" with a flor. pink head. 1/16 oz. to 1/8 oz. and i catch perch all day with them. I've fished both side of the lake from north end down to south end. using trolling motor to keep in 8 foot of water. throw to shallow water and real in just fast enough to keep the jigs above the weeds. Small mouth, rock bass and perch are all that i've taken with these jigs.