Another super day out of Olcott. Just Dad and I today so 4 rods in the water, 2 riggers and 2 divers and today that was plenty. fished from 0600-1400 hrs (6:00 am to 2:00 pm)

started out heading East of harbor set up in front of the microwave in 60-120 fow. Saw Bob Fishlock in there and worked it for a while, picked up 3 dinks and decided to head north. We got out to 200 fow and headed towards our waypoints from last week. Got about a mile from them and rods started firing.

We spent most of the rest of the day with fish on. 200-350 fow, straight out and slightly east of harbor.

I lost count at some point but we were over 30 bites for the day and at least 15 or 16 boated (dropsies again today, not sure why, checked hooks and were sticky sharp) with 4 doubleheaders (thank god for autopilot :) ). 3 matures, 1 nice fat brown trout several steelhead and lots of shakers (2 more wild ones today). We had 1 little skip that couldn't have been more than 8 or 9 inches, clipped adipose, had to be this springs plant.

Early on it was spoons with a blue dolphin stinger stingray on the 60' rigger taking several hits. As the morning wore on it moved to a spinny/fly bite in a major way.

With the overcast conditions, mouintain dew spin doctor w/ green crinkle howie fly was on fire, took 12 or 13 hits on the 80' rigger. With the action the mountain dew was getting I put down the nuclear green spin doctor w/ glow blue hammer Atommik on the 70' rigger and it started firing regularly as well.

Light Green double crush glow spin doctor w/ B-fly Atommik on the deep diver (back 240 on a 2 setting) took a couple hits, including a major screamer that took dipsy leader and SD/Fly when the wire jammed up on the spool. (I put fresh wire on both diver rods over winter and this was the first time I had both in the water this season. This was the first time the second wire diver rod had left the cabin and I forgot to let it out and reel in under pressure to make sure the wire was spooled tight :$ ) I let it all out, reeled it back in tight and put it back out with a green double crush Opti Inticer and green crinkle Atommik and it wasn't out 2 minutes before it fired with the brown trout. Not sure what he was doing 80 or so down in 260 fow, not normal BT territory)

Shallow diver (160 on a 2 ) with a dalmation R&R superlight took multiple hits with steelies and immature kings.

It was a good day to have a boat with a roof as it was raining on and off for a good part of the day. Really seemed to have the fish active though.

A few pics;

hmmmm as Ted Nugent would say: " Now where have we seen THIS before"

100_1425.jpg

Dad with a Mature about 22 lbs

100_1427.jpg

Me with a 21 lb

100_1428.jpg

Dad with another that bounced between 19.5 and 21 on the boat scale

100_1431.jpg

Let's hope these fish stay put for the summer.

Tim

Tim, did you try teasing those deep, on the bottom, big hooks out past 180'? I was setting lines for my daughters for smaller fish up high last night, but while I was watching the graph those deep hooks were haunting me. The water is filthy with fish past the primary drop right now. Beautiful picture with bait and hooks nearby, plus a nice tight band of 50 degree water.......doesn't get any better. Nice shootin' Tim. I will be chasin' brown fish tommorow on Erie.

Fantastic fishing Tim :clap: , lets see.....900 miles to Edison from Milwaukee.....220 to Saratoga Springs....915 miles to Milwaukee again....then 700 to Rochester....deliver some new junk mail for everyone in western NY,,,, especially Ray (Victoria Secret lure catalougue :lol:) ...50 miles to home...HOME on Wednesday and for the fourth weekend till the 8th :clap: ....keep those fish interested Tim. Just gotta get out there again :yes:

Mark