Hot Lure: white/green dot spinny w/ white fly & white hoochie/white fly

Trolling Speed: 2.4-3.4

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 150-250

Lure Depth: 80-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The action started five minutes into setting up and continued steady until about 9:30 a.m.

The two steelies were about 7 and 5 pounds. The 7 pounder hit a NK watermelon and the 5 pounder hit a 42nd.

All but two of the kings were immatures. The 15 pounder hit the white/green dot spinny w/ white fly, and the 17 pounder hit the white hoochie/white fly.

It seemed that at 9:30, all the fish went on break because we couldn't buy a bite. At about 10:30, the weather started to look a little threatening, so we decided to call it for the day, when the 100 foot rigger popped, and the reel started singing. I played the fish to the back of the boat, and as Mike started to get the net into position, the line let go right at the swivel! We just stood there and watched a decent steelhead swim away with our slider rigged with a kevorkian and a 42nd!

Number two rule of fishing- check your knots often!! Especially when fishing sliders!

I hear Tim (Finders Keepers) and his brother had another good day- 12 for 18? Hopefully he'll post the details.

Jim

Yeah, we worked the same area from 6:15 until 10:30 and finished with a nice 8 lb steelhead to make our final count 13 for 19 today (3 steelhead, 1 laker, the rest small kings up to 8 lbs). We started off 0 for 4 before we landed the first small king. All the other fish we lost were small, so I won't be crying in my soup at dinner tonight! 8) Wires out 330 and 360 on a #2 setting pulling black/green dots spin docs with green glow flies, riggers from 82 to 102 with purple NBK's and 42 2nd spin doc/42 2nd fly - long leads worked better (75 ft or so). Surprisingly we never doubled up, but there was one stretch from about 7:30 until 9:30 that I never sat down - I was either re-rigging the lines, fighting fish, or netting my brother's fish. :yes: What a great day on the big pond, I wish we could have stayed longer today!! I also wish we could have found some more fish that were bigger than our spin docs!! :$ Starting on Monday I will be getting out virtually every day (waves/weather permitting) through the end of the LOC. Hopefully I can hear one of our reels singing that high pitched song soon and put as pig on the board! :yes::yes:

Hi Dick,

Mike and I went out this morning for a repeat performance. And only managed two dink kings!

We did the same place, the same lures, almost the same weather conditions, but the fish were not there!

Oh well- there's always next weekend.

Jim

10-4 0n the slider leaders! I often find that I can break a sliding cheater leader if it's got much age on it at all. Not exactly sure why this is but I've come to expect it.-Andy