tiger time?

I have to say that when I first read your post that i thought you must be smoking something other than cigs but that article is pretty compelling. thanks for sharing this. I had been looking for some real info on tigers. :yes: I think this gives me a good reason and excuse to get some use out of my purchase on Cross and learn the lake a bit better this summer. good call!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

i first read that article a couple of years ago and have wanted to try what it says. sounds like real shallow and weedy but for some honkers and no nitro, i don't do pot. 8)

Wow...very interesting article. Tigers have been a tough fish for me to figure out. Funny you posted this now.... I thought I was being smart this weekend and while everyone was out hammering Waneta, I shot out to Otisco to try and get a big tiger. The story went the same as my last few outings... Had a big a$$ tiger follow a bucktail right to the boat and turn away at the last second. After that, only got a few bass (which don't count haha). That tiger sure got my blood pumpin tho...and yes, it was in shallow water (8ft) and over a large weed bed.

i posted this now b/c it coincides w/ the water temp we have now. funny how at different water depths he picks differant colors. something for me to think about. pink for the small perch in shallow and greys for the suckers out deeper.

Gotcha- I meant funny b/c I was thinking about this same thing this weekend...how I never figured out a pattern or could really never target tigers effectively (although I try). Just random encounters. Lots of good info here tho...

isn't that lake (lime) impossible to launch a boat on? i hear its for locals only? know anything about the launch? yes nitro. gonna try in shallow. we'll see what happens. i am burned out on waneta already, and chaut is too far tonight. dying to go back to chaut- most likely i will avoid it this weekend but mon or tues i am taking the day off from work to troll the big lake after seeing larry's reports.

Because the lake is stocked, the DEC has to allow access. There is a canoe launch on the east side, otherwise, you need to get a homeowner to give you a key to the launch on the west side launch. Beware of unmarked stumps if you bring your power rig.

good action last night. 2 tigers including my best at 35" and a small 27" on the phantom. 3 bass included. the smallest was around 3.5lbs and largest was about 5lbs. the bass took the jerkbaits also. started fishing @ 6:45 so i thought this was decent fishing.

going back out tomarrow- have to be home by 10:30am so its conesus for me and chasing tigers. have been successful each time out so far so i need to keep the streak going! wanted to go to to the river or chaut- but that will have to wait.