mr.clean??????

i know some of u use herring oil and such on spoon and flashers but should their be care taken with stink on your hands like tobacco,fuel,ect.ect. if so what do u clean your hands with before handleing spoons and stuff?

many thanks

seapro

Long ago I started fueling the boat after we were done, not on the way out. I had a couple of bad trips where when my buddy handled the rod/lure we got fish. If I handled it we would stare at rods for ever. I know I got gas on me while fueling those days, and washed my hands afterwards... Was it true or just my mind playing tricks on me. I don't know, but at least if I don't touch a gas can I know that's not the reason we aren't catching fish.

Many years ago in the 80's when you turned on your TV on a Saturday morning and every channel was a fishing show, there was a show don't remember the title of the show but the captain fished out from B.C. Canada and I believe he was the first to attach a camera to the down rigger to film fish behaviour when trolling. One episode was based on if fish care what the lure smells like and they experimented by dipping spoons into gas, motor oil, and on believe it or not it had no effect on the fish they seemed perhaps more skittish but at the end they all hit the spoon.

I remember a show like that the guy dipped the bait in the bilge than put it out all the oil washed off in minuets and the spoon got hammered. metal is not porous so scent washes off quickly with soft plastics or other baits it can be a different story thats why you see so much scent in bass fishing.