How's the fleas on cayuga/Seneca

fished this morning small amount of fleas but watch out for what I call the floating 10 foot diameter weed pods. They can tangle up in your lines fast.

You ain't kidding :o We had to dodge several big ones last week. I'm glad it was calm otherwise I wouldn't have seen them.

We fished out of Sevrene for the 1st time this morning, fleas and monster weed balls everywhere. I spent the entire trip hauling gear to clear weeds and fleas. This is also the first time trolling in the middle of summer for me as well. I'm a cold weather fisherman, now I remember why. We were able to mark fish up high, but the gear kept fouling. We were running over marks with only a few hits to show for it.

Beautiful day, spent it fishing with my daughter and wife, so it was fun and we were home by noon.

John

an update on my trip to Cayuga. The fishing was decent but the fleas are a royal pain! My brother thought is we could become rich it we invented some type of rod attachment that would strip them off. I'm expermineting with razor blades and lasers now, LOL. Really though, those fleas suck, they were never a problem when I fished Cayuga as a kid, didn't even know what they were. I assume they are just another ecology change due to zebra mussels or some other alien transplant.

Jim

Was out near Deans this morning exploring. Big Game 30lb no issues. 7 strand Mason for the wire Dipsay loaded up pretty bad. Funny thing happened as I was beinging in the wire. Noticed some loops and released the dipsey and let out to 400 ft. As I was cranking in, jsut past 300ft, Bam, I get a fish on! I swear it was clean when I relased and let the line ouit. Turned out to be a decent laker with eel. Was surprised cleaning off the feas several times it did not get off.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png