Atomik Fat Nancy's shootout

LlTbr.jpg

3RD ANNUAL FAT NANCY'S SHOOTOUT

You will be able to sign up starting tomorrow at Fat Nancy's in either Pulaski or Oswego.

$100 entry cash only.

*Registration deadline: July 9th by 6:00 a.m.

*You do not need to be fishing the Oswego Pro/Am to enter

*Trout and Salmon allowed, NY State laws in effect, illegal fish will disqualify your team (Active DEC weighing fish)

*Observers are not needed and there are no age limits for this event

*3 heaviest fish, total weight only, no more than 3 fish per cooler allowed at weigh-in

*Weigh-in starts at Noon at the Pro-AM weigh-in site

*You must be in line by 3:00 p.m., absolutely no later

*Fish must be caught on the day of the event, DEC discretion allowed

*No altering of fish in any way or your team will be disqualified

*Fish must be weighed at Oswego, boats need to start and conclude their fishing day out of either Oswego, Little Salmon, or the Salmon River.

*You do not need to be present to win, however it is at your discretion to make your presence known to get paid

*You must take care of your fish after weigh-in by legal means

*Participants must have registration at weigh-in no exceptions

*Fish will have gill plate punched at check-in

*Awards ceremony to follow Pro/Am captains meeting (Approx. time 7:30 p.m.)

*10 places paid 30%, 20%, 13%, 10%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 2%

*Based on 60 entrants: 1) 1800.00, 2) 1200.00, 3)780.00, 4)600.00, 5)420.00 6)360.00, 7)300.00, 8)240.00, 9)180.00, 10)120.00

*Pay-Out base may change depending on teams entered

*Blow off discretion of Fat Nancy's Contact 315-569-3958

*Boat size will be limited to a minimum length of 18 ft (Pro/Am official rules)

*Any rules that are not followed will result in disqualification

OK we're all set. One more question, will these fish be eligible for the summer LOC? Just wondering because they usually punch the gill plate and was thinking there could be a conflict if gill plate already punched. Sorry for another question, when can the boats leave the dock and start fishing on Friday?

You can leave the dock whenever you want to on Friday you just need to be in line by 3 pm for the weigh-in. Not sure on the LOC question I think Fishtails may have the only answer but maybe Dave from the LOC Derby will see this and give us an easier way around this. Rob

OK thanks guys. Rod maybe you know as Justin has a fish on the board, did they punch the gill plate after weighing the fish. Just thinking this might be in conflict with gill punch for shootout. What am I worried about I doubt I will be in that situation but it could easily effect someone else. Maybe one of the weigh ins could punch the tail instead. Find out which the LOC people punch and do the other for the shootout that way there won't be a conflict between the two institutions.

Why don't they just always punch only one side of a gill plate? That would make it easy! Shotout fish get their starboard plate punched.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Ok, I need a clarification. I fished the challange today with my team and I made it to the weigh-in tent at 2:59 and told the woman with the clipboard that I had a cooler to weigh in, as my teamates drove the truck around to that side of the tent to unload the fish. I was told it was past 3:00 and that I was too late (even though my cell phone had just turned to 3:00pm while I was standing infront of her-she confirmed later that I was there before 3:00 when I expressed my disappointment) and my buddy hopped out of his truck and joined me at 3:01. Not to mention I was under the tent trying to distinguish where the weigh-in line was well prior to the 3:00pm deadline. We were told that since the COOLER was not under the tent at 3:00, we could not weigh in. The rules above state: "*You must be in line by 3:00 p.m., absolutely no later". The rules do not state that the COOLER has to be in line or "under the tent" as we were told. We wouldn't have taken first place, but are pretty sure we would have had about 50 lbs, good for 4th. 8)

I have a mix of feelings right now towards this tourney, and I appreciate the other teams who came over to say that they should have let us weigh in. I feel we were jipped out of $600 give or take. ;( The rules need to be adjusted and clarified: if the cooler is what needs to be in line the rules need to reflect that (apparently me in line and the cooler just outside the tent on the tailgate of our truck isn't considered in line for weigh-in - we had over 80 lbs of fish in it and were only going to bring over our top 3!!). Also, might I suggest an official clock be displayed at weigh-in if you are going to be so strict on the time that you won't allow someone within a minute of the deadline to weigh-in. I have fished the Fair Haven Challenge for several years now (as well as other tournaments with time deadlines) and they have all been lienient on the time if someone came in that close to the cut-off.

I play fair and by no means want to be "that guy" trying to sneak in between the lines and complain. But I feel we played fair and were not dealt with fairly. My team is not happy and I am very disappointed that we were not allowed to weigh in... :no:

Tim I'm sorry that you feel you were not treated fairly when you tried to weigh your fish in on friday. I will make sure that the rule is changed to read in line with your cooler for next year. That was our intention with the rule but you're right it should say that. However as a few people have posted it would leave a huge gray area for teams to have someone stand in line before 3 pm and then how long do you wait for the cooler to show up? Once again I feel for you on what happened but if the ruling went the other way we would have had several guys upset if they were knocked down in the standings due to a late box being weighed in. I hope this doesn't sour you on fishing in tournaments in the future and if you are in Sodus maybe we can get together and talk about other ways we can make the friday event a bigger and better one for next year. I will be fishing with the Cold Steel team and we will be docked behind Abe's hope to see you there. Rob

Hey Rob,

Yeah, it was frustrating, but you're right - our fish were not at the scales by 3. No hard feelings and I'm sure we will be looking to bring in some big fish ON TIME next year! 8) We're looking forward to fishing against everyone this coming weekend at the Sodus Pro-Am! Good luck to everyone! :yes: