Fishing Report

====================

Fished Oswego area for about 17 hours Saturday through Monday with Break Time. Boated near 40 fish. Mostly kings and steelhead, 1 coho and 1 slimer (no Atlantics or Browns). Everything worked but dipsies were lazy. 300, 400 and 600 copper were wide awake as well as riggers. 10 color took a number of nice steelies and several kings. Hookups were good and solid with only 4 or 5 hit and runs. Our best offerenig was free sliders which took about 1/3 of the steelies and 4 kings. Had a number of doubles and a triple. Took a double on 1 rod with kings. Boated a few skippy kings but most were 3 and 4 year olds - at least 10 mature kings with the largest at 24+. Speed was 1.6 to 2.6. Chicken wing and monkey puke spoons were hot and green/green and white/white flasher flies as well as chrome flashers. Basically, every technique and all tackle took fish except the thumper but, I didn't run that too long because the chute was far too busy.

The water was very warm and most fish came in 50-57 degree water. Many people were complaining on the radio but, they were fishing shallower than we were. The fish finder had up to 70 marks at one time. I've never seen so many fish on the screen!

====================

Dan- Good to hear yoou are getting into the fish been pretty slow up there until recently. I bought a cottage on Hickory Grove drive on the east side of catfish creek. We'll have to get together again Darren and I still talk about fishing with you!! PJ Weber