Oswego Wrights Landing Thieves

I was heading back to camp after fishing Sunday afternoon and heard a clatter behind me. I saw my license plate and bracket tumbling down the road. I stopped and saw that my LED taillight was hanging there. Tell me how two 1/4" teflonlock nuts on a 3/4 inch stud back themselves out. No doubt in my mind that someone attempted to steal the light. Thieving bastards.

Minor compared to what might be happening with the boats up there. I hope they catch the scum. :@

What about the guard on duty all night? He was there last weekend when I was up, saw him stop a couple drunk guys when they crossed the parking lot about 2AM. He was driving around often throughout the night. Does anybody have an alarm on your boat? I guess a few charters on the other side have them. I was thinking about it, definitely if I leave mine slipped someday.

There is 1 guard on duty each night, but we all know how that goes. As of 8 pm last night they heightened up security.

Latest news is some boats were hit pretty hard losing much tackle and electronics, others rods/reels and terminal items

Not Good............

While my stay in Canada at more than one port we need card-keys to even enter marinas, all fenced in. still doesn't protect against thieves who are going to get us if they tyry hard enough. Had a small tin boat operator about 15 years ago hit a few Marina's by boat and swipe outboards.

Truly are thieves out there still today, we like to think we are safe in certain areas but never the case.

Let's hope they get these dirtbags

Tom

Gallon of gas, check. ignitor off gas grill, check, mount in large tackle box thief will grab and leave with check. Open lid to see loot, lid presses on grill ignitor, :@ BYE Please dont try this. This is just a little wishful thinking and remembering the good old days of, never mind, BW

Rat trap, 2x4, shotgun shell, fishing line. Man I could go on forever. :@

I remember when that happened. They took 2 outboards on the Orange dock. One was a sailboat right next to me. I think the other one was the Baha 2 boats down from me.

In a way, I'm glad my dock is empty for now. Don't need that bs. I've often suggested putting keyed gates in front of the entrance of the docks.

Maybe something will be done now

Some ahole had the bright idea to steal my expensive Racor fuel/water separator and swap it with their used dented cheapo :devil: Thank god it fit, could have been disasterous with a gas leak!!!!! Boat is slipped in Wilson, and the filter was swapped during the spring ESLO. Who ever you are, I am sure you had water in the gas issues and did not know what else to do, but you really pulled a bonehead move!!!!! If you have a consious please bring my filter back so I can punch you in the head. :yes:

I'm on the dock that was hit and personally know the guys who were ripped off. Security is a JOKE! Anybody who wants is walking up and down these docks, checking out these boats. There should be a gate and camera at the end of every dock so the owners are the only ones allowed on the docks. The people who did this were way to comfortable doing what they did. Anyone coming in for the Pro-Am should beware of Wright's landing until they can get there act together! Good luck to all this weekend!

keep my boat in a very safe place,but still had a bunch of tackle stolen.Over 200 flies a whole load of spoons and J-Plugs and countless other stuff.Now we remove everything and take it home,what a pain in the a$$ that is.

Just a whole lot more work for us because of some lowlife scum.

I only wish I could catch them,I'd love a good reason to use my 12" cimeter,for something other than salmon.

When are the fools who make policy going to realize that bull sh-it reform of criminals doesn't work.These creeps need to be gotten rid of.Once a thief always a thief.When are the voters going to get their heads out of their a$$es and vote for politicians who actually stand for what is right.

The weasels who stole tackle from anyone will never change.

They will always be slime,and they are not going to magically change their ways and become good citizens,because of some feel good crap from the bleeding hearts.

If you believe that they will change,then you might as well believe in nursery rhymes