Vince P. could use our thoughts & prayers

Thank you, guys. Yes Ray, I did smile. She supported my decision to go fulltime fishing in 1985, even though I didn't ask for any opinions. She didn't fish much, but once was a part of a quintuple on Browns in 1984 out of Fair Haven. She liked to go from rod to rod and touch them for luck. She was the most positive person I ever met, and will be missed by our entire family.

Vince, my mother passed away last fall and somebody sent this to me. I enjoyed it, and I hope you will too.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sail to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then somebody at my side says: There, she is gone!

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when somebody at my side says: There, she is gone! There are other eyes watching her coming, and the voices ready to take up the glad shout: Here she comes!

And that is dying.

Henry Van Dyke