Species Breakdown:4 steelhead, 3 kings, 1 atlantic

Hot Lure: NK NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.9-3.5sog

Down Speed: 2.0-2.5

Boat Depth: 100-160

Lure Depth: 40-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Busy day out at the Oak fishing with my G/F and Dad. A lot of boats out today at every depth it seemed. We lost a screamer on the wire before all rods were set on a kelly green sd and Atomik Hanmmer fly that snapped the fly leader. Steady pic all day with riggers at 50-60 and 80-90 and wires 190-260 and 140-180. No one lure, flasher, or fly was hot. At 10:30 we were thinkin of heading in and Dad wants to fish longer so we make the decision to troll back to port. Starboard rigger down 60 fires with a 42 second spoon and I land a nice steely. While getting it out of the net the port rigger fires down 90 with an NK NBK and starts screaming - well Cathy, it's your turn so hang on :o . Funny thing today was that the bigger fish wanted to head for shore. It didn't matter if we were trolling East or West, when a nice fish hit, it want to see how many lines it could cross. :@ Well, this one was no different and it got into the port wire rod out 180. I managed to pull it in and untangle the mess and Cathy managed to keep the fish hooked :yes: When she got it near the boat, it wanted nothing to do with that so down he went. Seemed like half the fight was within 30 feet of the boat. Cath did a great job and I finally got him into the net. Put it on the scale which was bouncing between 27 and 29lbs and decided to go to Narby's and see what their scale said. Narby's scale just wouldn't reach 28 (aweful close), so 27.15 it was. Great day out there with Cath and my Dad. It's nice that Cathy wanted to fish this year and our time on the water thus far has been cool. She is starting to realize and share the passion cuz after her fish hit the deck she says "I can see why this is so addicting!" There were a few OMG's before that. :lol:

k5qFS.jpg

Shawn

====================

I think all us guys who love the sport would agree that when the woman in our life gets involved the whole experience gets even BETTER (if that's possible).

Congrats Shawn!! :yes:

Dex