Fair Haven Rookie advice appreciated

:clap: The family and I am heading up to Fair Haven to camp and fish for a week tomorrow. I fish seneca lake most of the time. I have been reading the reports lately. Looks like the 150-250 fow is the place to be. Any one willing to give me some starting locations to try? Maybe some landmarks on shore to look for and setup from? Any advice is appreciated and I thank you all in advance. TD............. Jeremy

I think you will do well just about anywhere in the 180-220 fow range. Halfway between fair haven and port bay there are the "silos" and that has always been a good spot for us. Good luck when you get out there! Make sure to pack the sunscreen and lots of COLD drinks! :beer::beer:8)

Our best this weekend was 250-350' of water straight out front. A north south troll was most productive. The fish wanted it very slow in the am 1.5-1.8 at the ball. faster later in the day. White and white w/ green dot chips and SD with A-Tomik white halo, hammer, and LOC live. Green green in the am then the chrome/ green dot spinny w/ green hammer, and Crazy **** spinny / fly combo. 105 - 135 down and 240 mag dipsey. guys that were pulling metal and sliders were also getting into some nice steelies. BEWARE of some very wicked currents down speed was a must!

I agree with everything said but if it remains like it was Sunday make sure you can get your gear way down deep. Most fish were hanging in the 100 - 130 feet deep range. Bring heavy downrigger balls and BIG divers. I think we had a problem getting deep enough with standard size dipsy divers and small downrigger balls.

If the family gets sick of fishing, give me a shout. I'd join you some morning!

Wayne

cell: 585-703-4465.