We run 30# Big Game too and usually that keeps the majority of the fleas off. But yesterday in Sodus nothing kept them off - they were even stuck to the hooks on the spoons. We just got into a routine of cleaning lines every few minutes. It's lots of work but seems to be about the only thing that kept the lines semi-clean yesterday.

thanks, there were alot of fleas out there today (7/6). i fished till ten and got four hits, two on dipseys, two on riggers. one of the dipsy hits took off screaming for about five seconds before the fish got off. Fished till ten boated zero. oh well, hopefully i do better this weekend

I fished Sunday evening and Monday morning and the fleas were terrible on everything. Flea flicker, wire, 30lb. Copper did pretty good keeping them off. Fleas are bad but it's worth it with the amount of fish out front. Good luck!!!!!

Two weeks ago, we switched over to 30# flee flicker line for our two down lines. It works great. Hardly any fleas.

Our dippsie rods are equiped with twillie tips, and the wire loads up pretty heavy. But as the fleas hit the twillie tips, they seem to 'slice' off the line pretty easily.

Jim

THERE IS ALSO A PRODUCT THATS FLEA FLICKER THAT WORKS WELL. IT CAN BE BOUGHT LOCALLY

i bought flea flicker and it was overpiced junk took it all back off and went to big game again

If you know how to run Flea Flicker it works great.

Been running it for about 15 years and would never go without it during flea season.

It's more expensive than mono but worth it.

Got a very well known charter capt at port that wants me to spool him up a reel this week to try it. He runs 30lb Big Game at present.

I'll let you know his honest opinion after the pro-ams are over.

With the fish biting and just the wife and I in the boat I got enough to do without clearing friggin fleas off the lines.

Glen

If you know how to run Flea Flicker it works great.

How do you use it?

What size reel and how much 30lb is sufficient.

Anybody?

I have a few reels with just 30# FF on them for when the spiny fleas get real bad.

FF will twist easly so when I spool up for the first time I will run all the line out behind the boat without any thing on the end.Run trolling speed for a bit then reel back on add a bead , a top of the line ballbearing snap swivel. The bead will keep junk out of the ballbearing fouling them up and causing twist. Seems to work fine for me , before doing it this way I had line twist so bad it was better putting up with the flea's.

Lately out of the Oak, it does not matter what is on your spool. They got on everything, rigger cables, 40 lb big game, 30 lb ande, 20 lb flea flicker I'm not sure that 50 lb ande wouldn't keep them off...maybe that's next :no: Hopefully these hot temps and sun will kill them off quicker.... or maybe they will go the other way I don't know....just want them to go away real soon. I don't like the 30 lb flea flicker, It is unruly and really difficult to get knots to tie right. Just about as much nuisance as the fleas in my opinion.

Mark

Not so many fleas on copper so far...30lb ...or 45 lb...the line lays nearly flat and they do not have a chance to grab on so much. You will get some on knots though so keep them very smooth or coat them with epoxy, however the fleas are not bad as long as the knot is compact and smooth.

Mark

Wow, how did you figure out to use 40 lb test?

Has Been, We have been splicing in 100 or so feet of 30 lb Berkley Big Game onto our rigger rods ever since the fleas showed up and normally that takes care of it. Last weekend was the first time the whale snot collected on the 30. I was about ready to strip the 30 off and replace it with 50 lb big game. Fleas out of Olcott his past weekend were manageable.

Tim