Hot Lure: Spoons green/black

Trolling Speed: 2.0-3.0

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 130-190

Lure Depth: 60 and 90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The fishing must be good because I finally caught one. :) Caught my first salmon ever today, I'm still pumped. I believe it was an Atlantic, I'm not too good at telling them apart yet.

Atlantic.jpg

Atlantic2.jpg

He put up a great fight and made two runs, I was chuckling the whole time. Heard someone on the VHF say 60 down and 25 back, so I set up a NK That spoon there and wasn't long till I got him.

Got small King that never tripped the release, found him there when I brought the line in for a spoon change and to clear the fleas. Got him 90 down, not sure what depth I was at when he hit.

King.jpg

Finished the day with what I think is a decent King (especially when I'm use to catching nothing) got him down 60 in about 180 ft of water.

Second-King.jpg

I'm not sure what the names of the spoons were that I got the kings with, but they were some combo of green and black. I released all the fish.

I was pretty distracted to recall all the details, but it sure was fun. Can't wait to get out there again later in the week.

Tomorrow the boat has to do the transformation back into a pleasure craft for the wife and kid. :)

AH - Nice fish. Look at the roof of their mouths. AS have two rows of poorly developed teeth. Browns have single, centered, well defined patch of teeth up there.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Wow awesome congrats. I bet you were stoked. Take it from me and the guys on here, you will only get more and more addicted from here on out

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Wow awesome congrats. I bet you were stoked. Take it from me and the guys on here, you will only get more and more addicted from here on out

Pretty soon you won't be doing anymore "transforming the boat back" :rofl:

Glen

Thanks guys, learned it all right here. Just glad I finally had something to report. :D

Thanks for the tips on the fish ID. It was just hard when I had them in the boat because I was so pumped and was rushing to get them back in the water. Glad I had the pics to look at afterward.

I did just buy a tranny spoon, but once I take it out of the package I forget what it is called. They all look the same to me.

If the wife and daughter saw the fish goo I had to clean up they would probably never get back in the boat. :lol:

I just need to convince them I need a second boat built for fishing.