Dunkirk 7/5

times two

After the 4 day blow of last week, the fishing over the first part of the fourth of july

weekend was challenging, but it really lit up yesterday!

We did 17 fish by 12:30; most in the 4-5 lb range. Pretty much a little bit of everything

with some on 10 color, slide divers, jet divers and the riggers. Zman chattersticks were

good again...3" in red or green; 5" in green and off the rigs the WD's (Dreamweavers)

were good in mojo, racecar and alibi.

Looks like a great summer of walleye fishing!

John

Thanks for the report.

Sorry for the late reports, but been doing fairly well around the 60 ft area off of Dunkirk.

Landed 16 eyes 2 weekends ago.

We went out last sat for some fun. Ran out to 140 and headed tward Kirk. Lakers are still right there, every year :clap:

We landed 4 biggest 22lbs (I'll post a pic later) and a few bonus walleye up top on the dipseys. Bright orange spoons the ticket on bottom.

Not two bad for 4 hrs...

Just ordered a few of those chatter sticks to try. I usually run harness, but thought I would give them a whirl. Any tips on running them ?

Will be out there this weekend.

See ya on the water.

Mr.Wooleye

I was hoping to get a bunch more reports out, but Mother Nature killed that

last week with 4 days of blow.

Hopefully out this Fri-Sat-Sun.....

Wooleye, you can run the chattersticks behind anything your run your harnesses

on. Check them alongside the boat before you run them to make sure they look

good. I was running them off the 40 jets, big slide divers (3 inch) and I like

a big 5" off the 10 color. I've also run them from time to time off the riggers.

Support your local tackle stores, but if you can't get them, www.zmanfishing.com.

John

I should be out there sat and sunday also but am probably going to head deep with the tournwy this weekend.

Probably setup the same program with riggers deep and dipseys up top.

Good Luck see you on the water.

So what the big differnce with slides vs. dipseys ? I run dipsey on firline and seem to get good releases.....

What do the slides offer. Always looking for new tips tricks...

Really getting sick of running the big boards (otter boats). Just a pain if you don't have a crew out that knows what they are doing.

I have only been running dipsey's and riggers for the last 2 weekends...

I agree on the boards, they can be a pain, but it gets us more lines in the water.

As far as dipseys/slides, both can be great. The real difference is the line goes

thru the slides, so you can set long leads behind them.

John

Times Two,hi, was wondering what speed you are trolling at for the eyes & is it down speed or gps sog speed. I have been using the lite bite slide divers this year but without much success.I have been fishing out of buffalo mostly but think it's time to move to at least the catt. or dunkirk. Thanks for any info. shared.

Lineman...the GPS speed will vary, but I try to stay at 1.6 -1.8 at the ball; using

a depth raider.

Haven't run the lite bites yet...but I've heard they work really well.

John